[SOLVED] Laptop CPU VERY HOT while gaming!

May 31, 2020
Hello, so I have an MSI GS63VR Gaming laptop. My CPU is Intel core i7 7700 HQ. So when not gaming, just web browsing or whatver, temps only 50c. However when gaming, the CPU reached 70-80 for most games. But one game in particular, (COD Warzone) My CPU temps rise to 95c!

I have my laptop on a coolermaster laptop cooler, with fan underneath, I have checked my internal fan, looks fine, the fan control is set to 150% when temps get high, and shows it is running at 5000 RPM. I can hear the fan very loud. Normal sound, but loud, so I know its spinning. But again, the CPU temps get up to 95c

I have gamed for many hours at this temp, and my laptop has not shut down, or had any other problem. However it just makes me nervous to keep running with temps so high. Is this normal for laptop? Will my CPU suffer damage? Is there anything I can do, or is it normal, and no concern?

Solution
For a gaming laptop it’s not uncommon and that game eats cpu threads. Ideally you do want to bring temps down. You can try undervolting or putting and FPS cap in place or both.