Mar 11, 2022
So i went to update my bios after my pc wouln't start after first start up with not getting image but 2nd start up was fine.

so i went to take latest bios version for my current Motherboard but it ended up being bad choice since my cpu required abit older version of the update.

Now im facing problem such stutter on audio/gaming & pc wont shut down Getting stuck at shutdown/resetting screen.

I Downloaded the right version of bios update that was for my CPU but it didnt help
I also tried reinstalling windows but got stuck at 30% - Would assume that it got stuck like it does when attempting to shut down / reset my computer.

Any idea what i could here ?
i Recently bought the Motherboard ( i could send it back and get replacement but i asked help already from their supports so they might know it was my fault, getting in to this mess)

msi mag x570 tomahawk wifi
Ryzen 7 2700

Last edited:
Solution
i went to take latest bios version for my current Motherboard but it ended up being bad choice since my cpu required abit older version
this isn't how that works.
once a BIOS version has been released that updates support for new hardware that updated structure is available with every later iteration of that BIOS.

when stating that a specific BIOS version is required for specific CPUs, that is the minimal version that needs to be used not the exact version.
i went to take latest bios version for my current Motherboard but it ended up being bad choice since my cpu required abit older version
this isn't how that works.
once a BIOS version has been released that updates support for new hardware that updated structure is available with every later iteration of that BIOS.

when stating that a specific BIOS version is required for specific CPUs, that is the minimal version that needs to be used not the exact version.

Reactions: CountMike
Solution