Question Loud noise coming from new speakers !

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
So I bought a pair of speakers today and the speakers are totally fine , was like 10€ and imo the sound is amazing for the price , at least for my ears ! the speakers are the "mars gaming ms1" ... but ,on games it make a sound that looks similar to coil whine on my GPU , when I am playing something that I know my gpu will have coil whine noise I have got the same noise on speakers , I tried like 3 or 4 games , does not appear to be on all games for some reason , even playing all games capped at 60 fps , when I´ve got the louder noise was on fifa 22(menus and replays mostly , for any odd reason ) , I will let the example here : View: https://soundcloud.com/rui-neves-153865262/statuc/s-3OgjHAX7kIn?si=ee36fd2fb3fa4cc083eb8142b7b29b8e&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

I found that this can solve the issue , it really solves it or is a waste of money ? https://www.amazon.es/-/pt/dp/B093KFTCHN/ref=nav_signin?keywords=ground+loop+isolator&qid=1639181855&refinements=p_n_shipping_option-bin:2019494031,p_36:1323855031&rnid=1323854031&s=electronics&sr=1-1&

PS: Speakers are powered by usb , the usb is connected o the computer , and the 3,5mm jack is connected to the monitor. as soon I disconnect the usb the noise stops.

PC specs :
AOC monitor with 21" and freesync , 75hz
Gigabyte b450 gaming X
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Kingston HyperX FURY DDR4 (with RGB) at 3200mhz with XMP profile 1 enabled
XFX RX 580 GTS XXX 4gb
Bitfenix formula gold 550w
3 hdd´s from WD , 1 wd green , 1wd black ,1 wd blue
1 ssd ( kingston a400 120gb)

Last edited:

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
$10, USB-powered speakers will absolutely make weird noises and whines. This is not a surprise.

If you want speakers that sound good and don’t make weird noises, probably spend at least $30, ideally more, and get speakers that have their own power supply.

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
$10, USB-powered speakers will absolutely make weird noises and whines. This is not a surprise.

If you want speakers that sound good and don’t make weird noises, probably spend at least $30, ideally more, and get speakers that have their own power supply.
Hum, I am wondering why that speakers are even on the market, was not suppose to have some quality control at least the products that have some branding?
I connected the speakers USB to a mobile adapter and most of the noise disappeared, it´s not an annoying noise anymore at least. But now I have 2 questions, can it be always powered on since there is no button to turn off the speakers? Question number 2, I used a 5v 0.85A adapter the speakers output 1A , there will be any issue here ?

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Hum, I am wondering why that speakers are even on the market, was not suppose to have some quality control at least the products that have some branding?
I connected the speakers USB to a mobile adapter and most of the noise disappeared, it´s not an annoying noise anymore at least. But now I have 2 questions, can it be always powered on since there is no button to turn off the speakers? Question number 2, I used a 5v 0.85A adapter the speakers output 1A , there will be any issue here ?

probably a 1.2A or above USB adapter would be better. You might find the noises go away entirely if you used one.

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
I have one with 2A but was afraid of being too high

That’s not how power supplies work. The 2A is the maximum, but the device will only take what it needs. On some 1A speakers that will be about 1.2A or so. You could connect the speakers to a 500A supply and they would still only use 1.2A.

can it be always powered on since there is no button to turn off the speakers?

Yes, these speakers are so cheap they don’t even have a power button, so they will be turned on the whole time they are connected to the power supply.

Reactions: Rui Neves

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
That’s not how power supplies work. The 2A is the maximum, but the device will only take what it needs. On some 1A speakers that will be about 1.2A or so. You could connect the speakers to a 500A supply and they would still only use 1.2A.

okay thank you , then it´s better to use the 2A adapter that I have ?

Yes, these speakers are so cheap they don’t even have a power button, so they will be turned on the whole time they are connected to the power supply.
I know , what I am asking is that will be any damage to then being on all the time or if it is better to disconnect them from the power outlet ?