Question Poor performance and frame drops in Rocket League on laptop ?

Sep 5, 2024
Hi everyone, this is a cry for help.

Laptop model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QM
Ryzen 9 5900HS
RTX 3060

Rocket League is my main game and the past few months I've been having very low performance with my laptop.

I've played around with many settings in-game and tried so many different CPU/GPU drivers and Nvidia & Armory Crate settings, cleaning my drives for storage, reinstalling the game, power settings, etc... I have checked and it is in deed my Nvidia GPU being used, not the AMD integrated GPU, so that's good too.

If I put my in-game settings to Quality it will stay around 60 FPS with many frame drops, if I'm on Performance it'll be around 90 FPS with drops too. I could honestly play as low as 120 FPS, that would be fine, but I really suffer from CONSTENT frame drops and it makes the game basically unplayable. I have to say I havent really tested my computer with any other game lately sincee I'm not really interested in anything else rn, so I couldn't say if it's running RL the issue or if my graphics card is having issues overall. I do use Premiere Pro and PAO softwares for work and I don't have issues with those.

Can you maybe give me some pointers and help me? I can provide you with some recorded in-game benchmarks in private so you can help me diagnose this, I've been super desperate and can't afford a new PC rn. Thank you so much!