Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2019
Hi! I have a big problem. My pc is experiencing some real big memory leaks. It does not really matter if im using a lot of ram allready or not. For some reason randomly my ram usage goes up to 100% and freezes the entire pc forcing me to restart it. I have tried to identify the culprit but nothing shows up in task manager or resource monitor. Does anybody have a similar experience or knows of any known programs to help me find and fix this issue? I have, using Avast, searched my entire pc for malware three times now without any luck. As of writing this thread my pc is using 5,7GB of ram, with chrome, and discord being the only programs open. I have also updated all the drivers that i found i could update.

Heres my system: https://valid.x86.fr/fd8hjg

If you need more info, please shoot me a message.
Appreciate all answers, Thanks

Cases like this can be the ugly type of bugs that are well hidden, sometimes even in the OS.

Make sure you set Avast to search for rootkits.

I would also try Malwarebytes, it will let you use the Premium version free for a while, then the free version indefinitely. The Premium version has real time protection. Malwarebytes is pretty good for finding rootkits and trojans.

In rare cases, new trojans can sometimes require specific removal tools that most other security software cannot detect yet.

Even if there's a bug detected and quarantined, I recommend running DISM.exe followed by sfc /scannow to check for and repair any possible corrupt system files.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Feb 10, 2019

Hi, thanks for the comment. The problem with Rammap is that i have to refresh it. Wich is impossible due to the ammount of lag i get when problem occurs. I basically get locked out of my pc and it freezes completley. And i have yet found a way to try to force it happening. I am stuck waiting for it to happen and hoping i set all my monitoring software to the right settings beforehand. Because when it happens, its allready to late :/

Feb 10, 2019
Cases like this can be the ugly type of bugs that are well hidden, sometimes even in the OS.

Make sure you set Avast to search for rootkits.

I would also try Malwarebytes, it will let you use the Premium version free for a while, then the free version indefinitely. The Premium version has real time protection. Malwarebytes is pretty good for finding rootkits and trojans.

In rare cases, new trojans can sometimes require specific removal tools that most other security software cannot detect yet.

Even if there's a bug detected and quarantined, I recommend running DISM.exe followed by sfc /scannow to check for and repair any possible corrupt system files.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Hi, Thanks for the response! I just ran malwarebytes and quarantined any "threats" it found. Not sure if they actually were threats or just weird google chrome extensions though. I allso ran dism and a system scan. And nothing really came out. I will atleast try running the pc for a while now to see if it chokes up again.

Feb 10, 2019
Hi, Thanks for the response! I just ran malwarebytes and quarantined any "threats" it found. Not sure if they actually were threats or just weird google chrome extensions though. I allso ran dism and a system scan. And nothing really came out. I will atleast try running the pc for a while now to see if it chokes up again.

So it just happened again. I have done everything in my power to try to find the source of all this. I am not sure where to go after this. If anyone has any tips i would greatly apprechiate them :/

I allso ran dism and a system scan. And nothing really came out.
Did you enter the entire DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth command line in Command Prompt with Command Prompt running as Admin? It should after that verify the system image has been restored to full health. Otherwise it does no good to run sfc /scannow.

I also recommend putting each stick of RAM in the first slot one at a time to see if the problem persists. Also, try running the latest Memtest86 with both sticks in, and let it go through the whole test, which can take over 2 hours.

Feb 10, 2019
Did you enter the entire DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth command line in Command Prompt with Command Prompt running as Admin? It should after that verify the system image has been restored to full health. Otherwise it does no good to run sfc /scannow.

I also recommend putting each stick of RAM in the first slot one at a time to see if the problem persists. Also, try running the latest Memtest86 with both sticks in, and let it go through the whole test, which can take over 2 hours.

Hi! yeah, i did all that. In the process of this not working out the way i wanted it to i also just reset my entire pc. Hope this should do the trick. If not i am very very confused about what is happening here.

Status
Not open for further replies.