Sep 17, 2019
Hey guys,
So I was thinking of upgrading my system for professional reasons , I do a lot of After effects and design heavy work , and intense gaming with my ancient MSI GTX 970 4G

The current ram in my build are 2 sticks of RipjawsX F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL @DDR3-1600MHz . So thats 4x2 = 8gbs.

I wanna get the Model F3-1600C9D-16GXM ( Blue ) , I think they were launched shortly after the success of the red sticks.
I thought they are cl7 or something but nope, the speeds are same CL9 and 1.5v.
Maybe this kit came out in the new colour with the new CL7 blue sticks ?

Coming back to my query both have the same 9-9-9-24 latency , and both are the same frequency.
But does the different colour indicate a different manufacturer of the IC perhaps ? Can I get this blue kit with confidence to use with my current build and go from 8 to 32 GB , which is :

• Asus Maximus VII ranger
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • i5-4690k

Last edited:
Memory is guaranteed in the form sold. Other combinations you decide to make have no guarantee to be compatible together.

What happens is when you make such a combination, the memory often can no longer operate at rated specifications. If PC boots up, the memory may only be able to run at a slower clock speed than its rating.

You can make any combinations you want and do your own compatibility testing with no guarantees.