CPU cooler: i3 2nd gen free cooler
Motherboard: Consistent smth B85
Ram: 16GB 1600Mhz (ddr3)
SSD/HDD: HP Ex900 Plus 256GB
GPU: Intel HD-4600
PSU: Random unknown 3 years old
Chassis: Foxin office pc chassis
Monitor: AOC 24B2W1
I tried to undervolt my cpu core, cpu cache and igpu using throttle stop, I tried using -150 mV in all of them, (maybe I left the igpu at -100 mV) and then my pc crashed and was locked down in a bsod “WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR” trembling in fear (I don’t have money to replace anything) I just reset the bios and booted to windows (luckily windows started working again) and then the first thing I noticed was that my monitor which has a audio jack that I normally use wasn’t working anymore, I also noticed that the refresh rate seemed wrong, so I went straight up to the settings I see that my 75hz refresh rate was gone.

I tried reseting my windows from settings also tried reinstalling windows completely, but didn’t help. note that I don’t think that it’s a driver issue cause it worked perfectly fine until today, I used to undervolt regularly, my cpu always ran under 2Watts. but still I reinstalled my windows like thrice and then installed all the drivers I could find, from gpu, to cpu to monitor, every driver update that was available didn’t help. I don’t think I have a cable issue, I have a HDMI 2.0 that worked perfectly fine tho I had to change the position of the cable to be physically be in pressure, idk if that caused the trouble. I tried using CRU, but that definitely did not work. Never thought my usual undervolting would’ve ever caused me so much trouble 😔. I would like to get every piece of information you guys have, and I will well appreciate it even if it does not help.

[redacted]
I really need help, I love my monitor and cpu more than anything on my whole build and I don’t even have money to replace the monitor

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Did you try clearing the CMOS on your motherboard?

Sep 4, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Did you try clearing the CMOS on your motherboard?
I did try clearing the CMOS