Question Monitor goes black screen for seconds, connected to laptop when microphone is in use

crunchraven

Honorable
Nov 19, 2014
Hello there guys,
I have an Asus TUF Gaming 504GD and everything worked perfectly.
I bought a 144hz Aoc monitor tested on other pcs without an issue.
On my laptop works just fine, but when i am playing games, especially Csgo, the screen goes black for couple of seconds and on again. I noticed, that only the screen on monitor goes black, since the monitor on laptop didnt got affected, and also the sounds was fine.
After many many and different type of tries, i came to the conclusion that the problem with monitor flickering coming when microphone is in use.
To be more specific, when i am playing Csgo i have the flickering, but since i disable the "allow apps to use microphone" and disable at all the microhpone, the problem goes away.
I have tried to change drivers(i am not sure that i am doing it the right way cause when i uninstall the drivers i have and restart the laptop, when it starts it has the same drivers again), also tried to make default microphone the micro of headset. Any other ideas?
One last thing, the problem doesnt come from headset, since the problem persists with both different headsets, and when sounds and music coming straight out of laptop.
Help me please cause i have already gone mad a month now!

crunchraven

Honorable
Nov 19, 2014
oh i see thanks for your feedback..so i suppose its the laptop's problem
i managed to minimize the problem by connecting the headset to sound blaster and the to laptop. So the headset conencts to laptop via usb

Apr 9, 2020
Yea I guess so... and my laptop had been tested by ASUS already, very disappointing :(
So you are now using an external microphone?
and your screen is now free from the flickering?

crunchraven

Honorable
Nov 19, 2014
yeah bro, external headset with intergraded microphone connected to a sound blaster, that its connected to laptop via usb.
i cant say i am flicker free at all. i had around 10-15 flickers per minute while i was playing games that uses microphone, and now i have lets say a flicker once in 10 hours of gaming.
i ensure you that i have tried every possible solution. nothing worked besides this
may i ask you something too?
have you managed to connect the monitor to nvidia graphic card instead of intergraded graphic card?cause in nvidia panel i cant see the monitor options
also i have 144hz monitor and because of the problem i have managed to achieve max 120hz.

Apr 9, 2020
I think that the nvidia graphic card don't support controlling external monitors, it's just used as a calculation unit to 3D high demands the games have. It means that the integrated Intel GPU creates the "portal" to the other monitor and the nvidia graphic cards does all the hard work... LOL..
but that's a nice result you have, a flicker once in a 10 hours, I guess the problem stands on some interference between the sound card to the Intel on-board GPU. ASUS sucks.