Dec 17, 2019
first of all sorry for my poor english . i build a new pc on july 2018 . it never runs fine . always mouse input lag , my games feel like it has vsync enabled . but vsync is disabled in both in game and nvidia control panel . i have been facing this problem from the day i biult it to this day . after lot of disappointment and swapping parts and trying solutions on the internet only one thind worked. which is windows 10 scaling . so i read on the internet in one of the linus video comment section one guy posted a comment to install windows 10 dpi fix . i installed it and that software changes the scaling mechanism to windows 8.1 . boom . it felt like night and day . i felt like i finally disabled the vsync . huge difference . but still not 100% solved(i tried to play the games i play in two of friends pc) . so i installed win 8.1 and thats it guys all of my problem is solved after almost 16 months . but the problem windows doesnt support lot of my motherboar drivers and it tell me upgrade to windows 10 because lot of the hardware i have on my computer are not supported in win 8.1 . pls help me guys . i really want use windows 10 .

my pc specs :
i5 8600k
msi z390-a pro
hyper x 8x2 2800mhz ram
adata m.2, kingston ssd, WD 2tb HDD
nvidia RTX 2060
corsair rmx 1000 psu
razer deathadder elite (or) logitech g403 wired
logitech mouse pad and steel series mouse pad

monitors i have tried : AOC ips 24" monitor(60hz 5ms), samsung sb 2030 21" LED monitor (60hz 5ms), benq 27" ips monitor(60hz 5ms)
FIber internet 50mbps up and down

Things i have tried :
1 : Different motherboard(asrock z370 killer sli /ac)
2 : RMA cpu and got a new one
3 : Tried different ram sticks from my friends
4 : Installing windows 10 in different hard drives
5 : overclocked and stock settings
6 : nvidia control panel tweaks with the help and suggestions from internet
7 : 50+ times windows 10 re install
8 : installing mother board drivers from motherboard website and installing through windows update after fresh install

nothing worked so far . only installing windows 8.1 worked like magic .

my games working fine on my friends pc . i even swapped every parts of mine to their pc .only parts i have not swapped is their motherboard and cpu

my friends pc specs:
friend 1:
i5 7th gen non k
asus h 110 motherboard
gtx 1660
windows 10
benq 27" ips monitor(60hz 5ms)

friend 2 :
i5 6600k
gigabyte motherboard
gtx 980 ti
windows 10
samsung 21" LED monitor (60hz 5ms)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Do you have Synapse installed? If so, there are reports of this causing input lag and other system usage problems.

One Reddit post mentions to turn off heat maps in Synapse but the question was lag, not input lag specifically.

I've seen a lot of input lag posts regarding Razer products. Win10 has issues too as youre aware but wouldn't be surprised the mouse software (if installed) has some sort of part in it.

Other possibilities to search about is fullscreen optimisation (borderless windowed mode) in Win10.

Dec 17, 2019
Do you have Synapse installed? If so, there are reports of this causing input lag and other system usage problems.

One Reddit post mentions to turn off heat maps in Synapse but the question was lag, not input lag specifically.

I've seen a lot of input lag posts regarding Razer products. Win10 has issues too as youre aware but wouldn't be surprised the mouse software (if installed) has some sort of part in it.

Other possibilities to search about is fullscreen optimisation (borderless windowed mode) in Win10.

thanks for the reply bro . i have tried all of these . i mainly use the g403 . i just bought the razer just test it thinking that the mouse could be the problem . btw i never installed synapse . full screen optimisation and disabling high dpi scaling didnt work .

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Np. Could look into classic fullscreen issue but this problem appears to be only associated with the 1903 update though but worth a look i guess, ya never know.

Reactions: sathishchachu
Dec 17, 2019
Np. Could look into classic fullscreen issue but this problem appears to be only associated with the 1903 update though but worth a look i guess, ya never know.

i think i have tried this but im not sure though . do you think this fix worth a try? i have to install windows 10 again . im on windows 8.1 now. my problem exist even before that update i guess :(

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah i know. Win10 has had a lot of problems. I tried it in 2015 but didn't continue with it to conserve my Win7 licence. I'll dual boot when the time comes but am dreading the possible experience but we'll see.

Back then Win10 was great, but, reading up on things since then and helping people here, i've come to see a lot and things change over the years.

You can run Win10 for free to try that reg edit, just can't personalise stuff and there's no Microsoft support, not that you'd use that service anyway. Maybe get another drive and dual boot?

Dec 17, 2019
Yeah i know. Win10 has had a lot of problems. I tried it in 2015 but didn't continue with it to conserve my Win7 licence. I'll dual boot when the time comes but am dreading the possible experience but we'll see.

Back then Win10 was great, but, reading up on things since then and helping people here, i've come to see a lot and things change over the years.

You can run Win10 for free to try that reg edit, just can't personalise stuff and there's no Microsoft support, not that you'd use that service anyway. Maybe get another drive and dual boot?
sorry for the late reply(just came from work) . i never tried dual boot . ill let u know tmrw after i install it and try that regedit!

Dec 17, 2019
sorry for the late reply(just came from work) . i never tried dual boot . ill let u know tmrw after i install it and try that regedit!
hey bro . unfortunately that didnt help either . i read somewhere that windows 10 will reset my dpi settings every 2 reboots . that is exactly what is happening . do you think may be getting a 144hz would help? 144hz monitors are costly in my country :( . im really disappointed man . lot of savings i bought this pc but its just gives me weired problems .

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Couldn't say 144Hz would work. Yes the refresh rate is quicker but this input lag still happens on other monitors.

Get onto @xShud he apparently got help from a dude on twitter.

I fixed it actually. @x7007 I spent $25 on a PC tweaker from twitter and we went through a 30 minute session and he tweaked every windows setting and added things to my pc to make it run smoother. I didn't expect this to fix my input lag, but it did. It must have been a couple of window settings or maybe something I downloaded that was causing this.

Feb 8, 2020
hey bro . unfortunately that didnt help either . i read somewhere that windows 10 will reset my dpi settings every 2 reboots . that is exactly what is happening . do you think may be getting a 144hz would help? 144hz monitors are costly in my country :( . im really disappointed man . lot of savings i bought this pc but its just gives me weired problems .
Don't know where you have heard that. I run Windows 10 dual booted with Linux. I have a ASUS 144hz 1440p G-Sync monitor runs at native res fine.

Dec 17, 2019
i finally found the culprit . its something wrong with my house electrical system . pc and games works how it should in my uncles house(just six months old house) . thanks to everyone who tried to help me . BOJU thankyou so much man <3

TRENDING THREADS