At work we have a software thats work under DOS mode, and we have Windows 98
SE Portuguese. till yesterday I was able to type in that software those
letters which has accents like ( é, á , ó.... etc). I don't know why I can
not type those letters now, and what appear is ( ' e, ' a , ' o ...) as two
separate characters . so I went to MS-DOS mode prompt and start to type
those letters and I discovered that my MS-DOS mode DO NOT type these accents
letters... while I was able to do it yesterday..!!!!

could any one help me????

It is possible to include a CODEPAGE line in CONFIG.SYS or AUTOEXEC.BAT
(can't remember which), so perhaps you somehow lost yours.

Google for DOS CODEPAGE and you should be able to come up withsome
relevant info.

---
There's no such frigging thing as "off of"