CalebDenniss

Reputable
Jul 4, 2020
After reading a watching videos discussing the power adapter burning with RTX 4000 Series cards i am really cautious and somewhat paranoid that i have not connected mine properly.

It is my first time ever installing a GPU by myself and other than my worry about the adapter everything went ok

Apparently when connecting the adapter to the GPU you are supposed to hear a snap or click noise which i didn't hear, however ive heard that doesnt always happen. I made sure that i put some good force pushing it in but im just so worried about it haha

Here are some images i took of the adapter connected to the GPU, does it look ok????

https://imgur.com/a/lgF4dV

Lutfij

Titan
Looks snug to me.

Just an FYI, you might want to look at the connector up close and see there are no visible gaps between the adapter and the connector that's coming off the GPU.

As for the sound, you should hear it, albeit it's very faint due to the size of the clip/latch.

For the sake of doublechecking, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?

CalebDenniss

Reputable
Jul 4, 2020
Looks snug to me.

Just an FYI, you might want to look at the connector up close and see there are no visible gaps between the adapter and the connector that's coming off the GPU.

As for the sound, you should hear it, albeit it's very faint due to the size of the clip/latch.

For the sake of doublechecking, what is the make and model of your PSU and it's age?
Hi, thanks, i looked loads of times for gaps and couldnt see any

My PSU is a EVGA G6 Supernova 1000w. I think it was released in 2021

TRENDING THREADS