[SOLVED] Multiple driver-related issues on Dell laptop ?

Swarmachine

Reputable
Jun 16, 2016
Dell Inspiron 15 3593

i5-1035G1

NVIDIA GeForce MX230

Primary problem:

DELL driver related laptop problem('s).

Windows 10 keeps removing official dell audio drivers and replacing with corrupted ones.

Mostly every time there's problem with audio driver (cross mark), it boots into Windows 10 and it always asks to restart laptop because there is no sound. If It is a lucky day, it will not ask to do that If speaker audio in some case’s work, then headset does not.

I can find latest drivers from Dell and after installation it works great for some time. Noticed that between time pause’s driver reset to “corrupted” state, some time’s it just need a reboot, sometimes only shutdown and sometimes it does not reset. - yet not every single time I have to do driver reinstall.

How to overcome this?

• I have run chkdsk /r and online Windows health verification.
  • I have disabled windows driver recommendation's installs.
  • I have updated BIOS.

Secondary problem:

Holding laptop closed lid for too long causing black screen display (not turning on). Yet there's latest video drivers. Only after hard reset (holding power on button till shutdown’s then turn back again) display turns on. I have set over “Power settings” “do nothing” when lid is closed.

What am missing here?

Since laptop does not have any HDD activity light it is hard to tell its condition.

Solution
If you disabled Windows from updating drivers then it should have stopped doing that. Have you checked the driver versions when you get issues to make sure it's changed?

Have you tried a clean Windows setup?

Swarmachine

Reputable
Jun 16, 2016
Have you checked the driver versions when you get issues to make sure it's changed?

Yes. Indeed, I did not check, so that puts me in the right direction.
It is a Realtek. It always backed to Realtek. No other older versions of realtek helped.
Yet I still doesn’t understand why with dell official Realtek audio drivers, happening such a things...
In this case I need High-Definition Audio signed not as Realtek, but as Microsoft.
Am still with, black screen after lid closed for longer time, problem.