Jun 15, 2023
So a couple of days ago, I started having an issue with my computer's graphics card and for some reason, it's now displaying artifacts all over my screen and I have no idea what is happening. When I type, there are sometimes more of these artifacts. It's not just that but when I play games like Watch Dogs, it will freeze and give me a Driver Timeout error. I have updated the drivers for the GPU before, but it hasn't helped. But when my monitor is plugged into my computer through Integrated graphics, it works fine. I don't know what to do, does anyone have any info? Thanks.

Specs are down below:

Windows 11 Home
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics
AMD Radeon RX 6400
8GB RAM

If you guys need more info on the specs or the problem I'm facing, please contact me.

Jun 15, 2023
This very much sounds like a dying gpu. If it’s still under warranty I would start the process to return it.
But I had that GPU ever since I got my first gaming desktop back in November. It came with my HP Victus 15L. Think I should get a new GPU and upgrade my computer?

But I had that GPU ever since I got my first gaming desktop back in November. It came with my HP Victus 15L. Think I should get a new GPU and upgrade my computer?
The best test would be putting the gpu in another pc and seeing if the problem follows it.

You could do a gpu upgrade, the important thing would be ensuring your psu is sufficient for the new gpu.

Jun 15, 2023
The best test would be putting the gpu in another pc and seeing if the problem follows it.

You could do a gpu upgrade, the important thing would be ensuring your psu is sufficient for the new gpu.
I would be able to test it on another computer, but I don't think I may have one that could work with my current graphics card.

I would have to get a job and save up some money so I can save up for a new GPU and power supply, especially if I plan on building my gaming PC.

I would be able to test it on another computer, but I don't think I may have one that could work with my current graphics card.

I would have to get a job and save up some money so I can save up for a new GPU and power supply, especially if I plan on building my gaming PC.
Is there a computer shop that could test it for you? At least that way you would know for sure it’s the gpu. I would expect only a small charge for their time.