Question My i7-11700KF runs hot at idle and even hotter when under load.

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
My i7-11700KF always stays at 50f minimum when im not playing or doing anything at idle and when i go to any game it usually stays between 95-105f at all times even when just 15% of the CPU is being used in a game. When i run Prime95 it goes to 100F automatically and stays there but the CPU usage keeps jumping from 20% to 100% every 1 second over and over.

My CPU is also always running at 4.9GHz at ALL TIMES no matter what i am doing it is always at that speed on all cores.

The Cooler im using is a NH-D15S with two noctua fans that came with it. Both fans are at 100%. I also have a few other Noctua fans that are 3000RPM and i have to keep them at 100% even though they are SOOO LOUD but its the only way i can stay at 95f when gaming because it goes past 105f if they are not at 100%.
I have already tried reapplying thermal paste 4 times and with different brands and it gets the same results no matter what.

Should i just trash this awful CPU? Its brand new and only has like 100 hours of use and never been overclocked.

Last edited:

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
My i7-11700KF always stays at 50f minimum when im not playing or doing anything at idle and when i go to any game it usually stays between 95-105f at all times even when just 15% of the CPU is being used in a game. When i run Prime95 it goes to 100F automatically and stays there but the CPU usage keeps jumping from 20% to 100% every 1 second over and over.

My CPU is also always running at 4.9GHz at ALL TIMES no matter what i am doing it is always at that speed on all cores.

The Cooler im using is a NH-D15S with two noctua fans that came with it. Both fans are at 100%. I also have a few other Noctua fans that are 3000RPM and i have to keep them at 100% even though they are SOOO LOUD but its the only way i can stay at 95f when gaming because it goes past 105f if they are not at 100%.
I have already tried reapplying thermal paste 4 times and with different brands and it gets the same results no matter what.

Should i just trash this awful CPU? Its brand new and only has like 100 hours of use and never been overclocked.
Please use C Celsius not F.
50F is like 10C