Luca_21

Honorable
Aug 1, 2017
When im calling friends on discord, every now and then it'll suddenly decide to just stop letting my mic work.
This happens everywhere and seems to only be caused by discord as far as im aware.

It also doesnt happen all the time, sometimes itll just not happen and other times itll happen constantly.
What usually fixes it is restarting my PC, but the day after itll happen again.

Im using the Arctis 5 with the little audio wheel, its plugged into the front of my PC with USB 3.1.
I never have issues with my own audio but only the microphone seems to cut out.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system specs and OS information.

Does the mic work on other known working computers?

Do other known working microphones work on your computer?

Key is to determine if the problem follows the microphone or stays with your PC.

When im calling friends on discord, every now and then it'll suddenly decide to just stop letting my mic work.
This happens everywhere and seems to only be caused by discord as far as im aware.

It also doesnt happen all the time, sometimes itll just not happen and other times itll happen constantly.
What usually fixes it is restarting my PC, but the day after itll happen again.

Im using the Arctis 5 with the little audio wheel, its plugged into the front of my PC with USB 3.1.
I never have issues with my own audio but only the microphone seems to cut out.
Since its connected by usb did you go through all of the Control Panel Power Options to make sure everything is set to maximum especially USB Selective Suspend set to Disabled? Also did you go through the Device Manager and check the Power Management settings for every usb related device to make sure that "Allow the computer to turn off this device" is UNchecked?

Reactions: CountMike