jakedutton24

Prominent
Jun 7, 2021
maxresdefault.jpg

A few days ago I was watching a tv show on prime video and my screen randomly went white. The monitor and pc at the time had been on for 12+ hours since I was on it all day and has been used a lot recently and I've had the monitor for around 3 years.
the Problem is unquestionably to do with the monitor itself and not to do with the pc in anyway since the problem still occurs when the HDMI cable is disconnected. And the white screen occurs a few seconds after powering on.
Monitor details:
Acer KG271, 27 inch monitor.
240hz, 1ms free sync LCD display
(the monitor screenshot provided is a google image and not my own but it visually represents the same thing)

I have went online prior to this and tried to do some fixes by myself. I took out the back panel and checked for problems. But I didn't find any problems with my wiring but just in case, I disconnected them and reconnected them to make sure they were all in correctly. I dont know much about electronics, wiring ect so maybe ive done something wrong here, but the monitor was the same after putting it back together and plugging the power in.

if you could provide some insight and help for this problem it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Just to doublecheck, does the monitor exhibit the same issue when you pair the culprit monitor to a donor system/laptop in your household(or your friend's/neighbors)? Have you tried working with another panel on your non culprit system to see if the drivers on your platform are not to blame? Perhaps it could be your PSU failing to power the entire system.

Can you please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Assuming you're on Windows 10, include the version of the OS. BIOS version for your motherboard? Age of the PSU?

jakedutton24

Prominent
Jun 7, 2021

Just to doublecheck, does the monitor exhibit the same issue when you pair the culprit monitor to a donor system/laptop in your household(or your friend's/neighbors)? Have you tried working with another panel on your non culprit system to see if the drivers on your platform are not to blame? Perhaps it could be your PSU failing to power the entire system.

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Assuming you're on Windows 10, include the version of the OS. BIOS version for your motherboard? Age of the PSU?
Hey! Sorry for the late response. I might be misreading the answer but as I said before. The problem with the monitor is not in any way caused from a problem with my PC causing issues to the monitor. The monitor has an identical problem when disconnected from any computer/laptop or otherwise. the problem is still caused only when the monitor is connected only to the power cable plugged into my extension cable which has been used for years the same way. I have tried to change the power cable and extension lead etc but the problem still occurs.
I don't claim to be an expert in electronics etc. I was just wondering if their was a fix i am willing to go through or if it might be worth going to a computer shop to get it fixed since the monitor is worth £200-250 at this point so I don't want to buy a new one,
If it does help then I've included a screenshot from speccy of my PC specs. Most of my parts are a year old apart from fans and cooling which isn't shown but isn't relevant. I am using an LG ultrawide monitor 60hz at the moment which is working completely fine. If you are able to provide any help or refer me to anyone else or a shop that could help that would be appreciated thanks.

jakedutton24

Prominent
Jun 7, 2021

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

could you please get back to me?