Cybran

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
I'm a beginner at networking when it comes to routers, but I believe I have done a proper setup with what I was given. Although, the router keeps on restarting every few minutes. The model is archer c7 1750,though for some reason the ssid says c6 automatically. The speed is decent for a modem DSL to ethernet (10 MBPS) but the restarting is frustrating and the house is still having deadzones.

Its a two story house and upstairs theres no connection. I was thinking whether to put the router upstairs so it covers the spot I want but under my room there is another bedroom. Would the frequency reach there too if I relocate the router upstairs? And would a 50 ft cat 5 do the job because the distance is exactly 50 ft from where i want to relocate it. Thanks in advance.

Cybran

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
If the router is rebooting, then the power supply transformer is often the problem. Was this router newly purchased?

I was thinking about the transformer being the culprit too,but I wasnt sure about that. Now that you mention it I will give it a shot with another transformer. Any other possible reasons? What about the deadzones