[SOLVED] Need an advice. Can't decide if it's worth the upgrade.

May 10, 2020
Hi, so I'm just getting into the PC world and finally decided to slowly upgrade my PC which currently is:

Intel Celeron G3930
H110M PRO-VH PLUS
4 GB of Ram

I'm thinking of getting a i5 6500 to upgrade my CPU first but i cant decide if should do that or get another 4 GB of ram instead. It is really a good upgrade going from dual core 2.90 to quad core 3.20 GHz ? or should I go for more ram instead? I'm guessing that doing both (CPU+RAM) is when I will see the difference, right? but if you guys had to choose one first, which one will you pick?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hi, so I'm just getting into the PC world and finally decided to slowly upgrade my PC which currently is:

Intel Celeron G3930
H110M PRO-VH PLUS
4 GB of Ram

I'm thinking of getting a i5 6500 to upgrade my CPU first but i cant decide if should do that or get another 4 GB of ram instead. It is really a good upgrade going from dual core 2.90 to quad core 3.20 GHz ? or should I go for more ram instead? I'm guessing that doing both (CPU+RAM) is when I will see the difference, right? but if you guys had to choose one first, which one will you pick?

Thanks in advance.
Dear User,

To be honest, if I was you, I would firstly upgrade my CPU to a quad-core. With more cores, your game will run more better and you can run games in the...

Intel Celeron G3930
H110M PRO-VH PLUS
4 GB of Ram

Thanks in advance.
Depends much on computer's usage but for best performance with windows you should really have 2GB of ram for each core.

May 10, 2020
Depends much on computer's usage but for best performance with windows you should really have 2GB of ram for each core.
Oh I see. My usage would be pretty normal, maybe some LoL from time to time (maybe Valorant if i'm able to run it). I know I can't ask for a lot with it, right now I only want my pc to "run better" and don't know if that upgrade if that worthy.

DracoB0T

Reputable
Apr 23, 2020

Intel Celeron G3930
H110M PRO-VH PLUS
4 GB of Ram

Thanks in advance.
Dear User,

To be honest, if I was you, I would firstly upgrade my CPU to a quad-core. With more cores, your game will run more better and you can run games in the background with less lag. However, upgrading your RAM would be a extremely good thing as well. Upgrading your RAM will help you make your PC faster as wel. If you get 8GB of RAM, then you can add more VRAM to your PC.

However for now, just upgrade your CPU to quad-core. If you have money later on, upgrade to 8GB of RAM, or if you want to be a serious gamer, upgrade to six cores, and 16GB of RAM. If you have enough money right now, then upgrade both CPU to quad, and RAM to 8GB. I hope this was helpful, feel free to reply!

Reactions: Reivaj
Solution