Question Need help with solving my airflow problem

NitroZeus249

Prominent
Mar 2, 2019
Hi guys ! As the title says I need help with airflow. The situation is presented in the following link https://ibb.co/rv0rNb5.
2 fans at the front are intake and 1 is exhaust, top 2 fans arent currently on because I think they arent needed as much. I marked with colors wich area feels hot the most. As you can see drive bay, psu, dvd drive bay (i dont use it) and little part in top left feel cold but the processor part and the big GPU area feel kinda hot although temps on thundermaster or msi afterburner are as high. GPU is usually at 70-ish while gaming while the cpu is 60-70 celsius. Front intake fans feel dead cold wich is a good sign since they pull air in through the mesh filter but the rear exhaust doesnt blow outside as much as its expected. Any help would be great.
Parts are: 1070 Palit SuperJetStream GPU
2400G CPU (currently upgrading it to ryzen 5 3600)
550 PSU
B450 Fatality

mchldpy

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
  1. Which direction does the CPU fan currently move air, away from the MB towards the side door you have removed or towards the MB?
  2. Of the 5 case fans are all the same CFM?
What is the CFM of the fans? (assuming all are the same) and are they set to full/wide open or set to variable speed
(PWM) and controlled by BIOS or ... . Does rear exhaust fan seem to be spinning at full speed?
For positive pressure setup inside case you should have more air coming in than going out but rear fan should be working well.

PhiNix

Honorable
Mar 16, 2015
You always want the air to move in the direction of thermal flow. As hot air rises. So general rule is front to back and out the top of the case. Also keeping some form of positive pressure in the case can prevent dust buildup.

NitroZeus249

Prominent
Mar 2, 2019
You always want the air to move in the direction of thermal flow. As hot air rises. So general rule is front to back and out the top of the case. Also keeping some form of positive pressure in the case can prevent dust buildup.

Well I did add two fans on top to move the hot air out and it does help alot. I will be probably adding two 140mm infront just for the sake of more more air coming in.