CoDrift

Honorable
Jun 11, 2018
Before I start, my budget is VERY limited. I got about 150$ to spare on a new GPU, PSU, RAM, CPU and a monitor (and possibly a chair, although it's not urgent). Already have a system with the following specs:

i3 2120
8GB DDR3
DELL OEM mobo + case
128GB SSD
1TB HDD
HD 7570 1GB DDR5

Here's what I am willing to upgrade to:

RX 570 4GB - 80$
XEON E3 1230 - 20$ (UPGRADE)
PSU 450W - 15$
4GB more ram - 15$
1080p monitor - 40$ (Currently have a 720p panel which I'm gonna use for a dual monitor setup)

I can exchange the OEM PSU and the old GPU for about 20$, that brings the cost to a total of 150$, is there any better way to allocate my cash? Do I need that CPU upgrade? Also, I'm not gonna stream or anything (If I ever wanted to, I can probably use ReLive or VCE right?).

Side note: The GTX 1650 costs about 320$ here, so I can only go AMD.

Solution
Finally a reply :D, I got impatient and posted this on LTT forums too. Here's the conclusion they helped me reach:

save 10$ by upgrading to an i5 2400
get a better PSU for 30-40$
Don't upgrade the RAM yet, save for a pair of 8GB sticks.

As for the performance and budget, I'm willing to take the risk. 150$ as I said, is a VERY tight budget for me. I'm thinking of rocking this setup for another 3 years atleast. For a perspective, GTX 1650 costs 320$ here.
I already checked my local market and everything seems to be good. Thanks for the reply anyway :)
Im not an expert on picking out parts and don't like doing it but it should be a fine upgrade. 8GB should be fine and that is minimum nowadays. the 2400 is quite old but should be...
Before I start, my budget is VERY limited. I got about 150$ to spare on a new GPU, PSU, RAM, CPU and a monitor (and possibly a chair, although it's not urgent). Already have a system with the following specs:

i3 2120
8GB DDR3
DELL OEM mobo + case
128GB SSD
1TB HDD
HD 7570 1GB DDR5

Here's what I am willing to upgrade to:

RX 570 4GB - 80$
XEON E3 1230 - 20$ (UPGRADE)
PSU 450W - 15$
4GB more ram - 15$
1080p monitor - 40$ (Currently have a 720p panel which I'm gonna use for a dual monitor setup)

I can exchange the OEM PSU and the old GPU for about 20$, that brings the cost to a total of 150$, is there any better way to allocate my cash? Do I need that CPU upgrade? Also, I'm not gonna stream or anything (If I ever wanted to, I can probably use ReLive or VCE right?).

Side note: The GTX 1650 costs about 320$ here, so I can only go AMD.
That is not a good budget for upgrading a computer. I recommend you save up some more. I wanted to spend £100 ($126) on a pc upgrade but ended up spending £300 ($379). The Xeon will be questionable with the RX570 but should be fine, but the largest factor here is the PSU. I would not pair an RX570 with a 15$ PSU, even if it is 450W. What PSU is it. I would spend around $40 minimum on a PSU. I also would buy the same RAM model as your current RAM as I would also not recommend mixing RAM together. Also isn't the Xeon around $400? It isn't much of a great upgrade so like I mentioned, I would recommend saving up more money, and then come back once you have enough.

CoDrift

Honorable
Jun 11, 2018
That is not a good budget for upgrading a computer. I recommend you save up some more. I wanted to spend £100 ($126) on a pc upgrade but ended up spending £300 ($379). The Xeon will be questionable with the RX570 but should be fine, but the largest factor here is the PSU. I would not pair an RX570 with a 15$ PSU, even if it is 450W. What PSU is it. I would spend around $40 minimum on a PSU. I also would buy the same RAM model as your current RAM as I would also not recommend mixing RAM together. Also isn't the Xeon around $400? It isn't much of a great upgrade so like I mentioned, I would recommend saving up more money, and then come back once you have enough.

Finally a reply :D, I got impatient and posted this on LTT forums too. Here's the conclusion they helped me reach:

As for the performance and budget, I'm willing to take the risk. 150$ as I said, is a VERY tight budget for me. I'm thinking of rocking this setup for another 3 years atleast. For a perspective, GTX 1650 costs 320$ here.
I already checked my local market and everything seems to be good. Thanks for the reply anyway :)

Oh and a used E3 1230 upgrade will cost me around 20$, so that might help elaborate the price.

Im not an expert on picking out parts and don't like doing it but it should be a fine upgrade. 8GB should be fine and that is minimum nowadays. the 2400 is quite old but should be a good upgrade and deal. I have to commend on thee 1650, $320?? In the uk I can pick up a RX5600xt for the same price and a GTX1660ti. But yeah go for it, you can always upgrade later on.

Reactions: CoDrift
Solution