kidak123

Commendable
Mar 12, 2017
I got the new AMD Radeon 5700 (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07T81CGFY/?tag=pcpapi-20 ) and tried to install the hardware to my PCI slot on my micro-atx Gigabyte mobo (https://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=MB-H110M-A&show=p ) but it won't work. The GPU is getting power because I plugged it into the PSU and the fans are spinning. I think it's a problem with the physical connection between the two parts. The pins inside the PCI slot don't seem to get fully pushed in by the GPU. My smaller GTX 950 doesn't have any issues but my friends AMD 370 also has the same problems. I am considering getting a new mobo to help solve the issue but am hoping someone can help without me buying some new stuff.

A PCIe slot is a PCIe slot; size is the same no matter what mobo you are using. You need to be sure the card is fully seated in the PCIe slot as well the case itself, there should be a slot. There should be anything on you Mobo that prevent the card from seating.

What power supply do you have? (Make and Model) The 5700 requires a hefty decent power supply due to the 180+ watts it can pull

kidak123

Commendable
Mar 12, 2017
A PCIe slot is a PCIe slot; size is the same no matter what mobo you are using. You need to be sure the card is fully seated in the PCIe slot as well the case itself, there should be a slot. There should be anything on you Mobo that prevent the card from seating.

What power supply do you have? (Make and Model) The 5700 requires a hefty decent power supply due to the 180+ watts it can pull

https://www.newegg.com/seasonic-m12...&ranSiteID=8BacdVP0GFs-XOxs4BSC2ROZX2TcpHLJZQ <- my PSU

That's what I was thinking about the PCIe slot but I was having similar connection issues with two different computers. My case is a mid and I was having trouble with the cables for a bit but I moved them all out of the way and still had the same issue.

Really don't know what to tell you, the card should fit unless something is physically preventing it form seating in the slut such as a capacitor.

I would unplug all cables from the card, get a flash light and try to seat the card while looking all around and even under it to see if something it hitting.

520W is a too weak PSU for RX5700 and RX580 180W TDP. Buy at least a 700W PSU.
You don't need a 700W PSU for an RX 580, unless it is trash quality. For an RX 580, a good 550W is all you need, and you can get by with 450W too. For the RX 5700, you'd want a good 550 W unit.

OP: The M12II is an old design, though it is decent but I think you should try for something better, like Corsair CX550, Corsair TX or EVGA B3.

kidak123

Commendable
Mar 12, 2017
Really don't know what to tell you, the card should fit unless something is physically preventing it form seating in the slut such as a capacitor.

I would unplug all cables from the card, get a flash light and try to seat the card while looking all around and even under it to see if something it hitting.
I'll try that when I get home from work today.

kidak123

Commendable
Mar 12, 2017
You don't need a 700W PSU for an RX 580, unless it is trash quality. For an RX 580, a good 550W is all you need, and you can get by with 450W too. For the RX 5700, you'd want a good 550 W unit.

OP: The M12II is an old design, though it is decent but I think you should try for something better, like Corsair CX550, Corsair TX or EVGA B3.
I'm bringing it by a local computer store today to see what they say and I might pick up a new PSU or mobo if they recommend it.