Question No Online Games Are Working Properly! PLEASE HELP!

playstation1868

Reputable
Apr 5, 2018
So recently I began having this issue. Online games either have horrid packet loss and connections to server or will simply not maintain a connection to the server at all and kick me. All other internet features are fine (ie: how I am able to type this right now. Websites work fine). All of my battlefield games display every single network warning indicator and in Overwatch I simply can not maintain a connection to the server for more than 5 mins. I have reset my router, updated my network drivers, restarted my computer, turned off windows firewall, cleared my winsock data, and much more. It is not a problem with my internet. All other computers in the house game just fine and I have a 500mb/s connection. I am at my wits end with this one.

Edit: I tried moving closer to my router and that helped the problem but did not solve it. I also tried plugging right into the router and that, again, helped the problem but did not solve it. I refuse, however, to believe that it is router proximity...the computer normally sits no more than 40 feet away from it anyway and all other computers (even ones very far away from it) have zero issues.

Edit: Also I am extremely new at anything that goes beyond reinstalling drivers...any layman's explanations would be helpful :sweatsmile:

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Are you connected wirelessly to your router? Speaking of router, are you on the latest firmware? Have you tried working with the Ethernet port? If our system is the only one being affected, t's possible that the drivers may be in conflict or the OS may be corrupt.

Mind sharing your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

playstation1868

Reputable
Apr 5, 2018
Are you connected wirelessly to your router? Speaking of router, are you on the latest firmware? Have you tried working with the Ethernet port? If our system is the only one being affected, t's possible that the drivers may be in conflict or the OS may be corrupt.

Mind sharing your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I am connected wirelessly to my router and the thing is essentially brand new so I doubt I have missed any important firmware updates but i can check. I have no ethernet port in my room either so unless I snake that cable through the wall I wont have that option. I do not know how to check if the OS is corrupt either...At any rate here are my specs and thank you for your reply!

Computer Information:
Manufacturer: Acer
Model: Predator G9-593
Form Factor: Laptop
No Touch Input Detected

Processor Information:
CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel
CPU Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
CPU Family: 0x6
CPU Model: 0x9e
CPU Stepping: 0x9
CPU Type: 0x0
Speed: 2808 Mhz
8 logical processors
4 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Unsupported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported
AES: Supported
AVX: Supported
CMPXCHG16B: Supported
LAHF/SAHF: Supported
PrefetchW: Unsupported

Operating System Version:
Windows 10 (64 bit)
NTFS: Supported
Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
DirectX Driver Name: nvldumd.dll
Driver Version: 25.21.14.1935
DirectX Driver Version: 25.21.14.1935
Driver Date: 3 1 2019
OpenGL Version: 4.6
Desktop Color Depth: 32 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 60 Hz
DirectX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
VendorID: 0x10de
DeviceID: 0x1be1
Revision: 0xa1
Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
No SLI or Crossfire Detected
Primary Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Primary Display Size: 13.54" x 7.64" (15.51" diag)
34.4cm x 19.4cm (39.4cm diag)
Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
Primary VRAM: 8191 MB
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x

Sound card:
Audio device: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti

Memory:
RAM: 16324 Mb

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: English
Media Type: Undetermined
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 1196921 Mb
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 122726 Mb
OS Install Date: Dec 31 1969
Game Controller: None detected
VR Headset: None detected

playstation1868

Reputable
Apr 5, 2018
You describe router as the thing that is essentially brand new.

Brand and model number and/or link to it?

232862_02_xfinity_xb6_2.jpg

This is what it looks like and the thing on the back says XB6-T. I believe that it is the first one here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/broadband-gateways-userguides