Commendable
Jun 26, 2018
Specs:
Processor: Core i7 6700
Memory: 16GB DDR3
Motherboard: Asus H110m-k D3
Graphic Card: EVGA FTW GTX 1070
PowerSupply: Thermaltake Smartseries RGB 750watt
So my PC was running completely fine and it suddenly turned off. I tried turning it back on but nothing happens when I press the power button. The ethernet lights on my motherboard are on. No fans spinning no beeps no lights nothing.
Any help would be appreciated I’m guessing either the motherboard or the cpu failed. As motherboard is getting power. But nothing is working. I have had this system for more than 4 years except the cpu gpu and psu which I bought around 2 years ago upgrading from i5 6500

Solution
The fans dont spin I get nothing when I press the power button.
Okay is definitely the power supply so go ahead and see if you can buy a EVGA G5 550 watt 80 plus bronze rating and you should be good to go but if you turn it on and the fan spin and the computer shuts off immediately then it's not the power supply it's maybe the motherboard or the RAM or maybe even the CPU but it's good thing your parts are okay you just to get a new PSU my friend

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Honestly you're a power supply could have given out when you turn on the computer and briefly turns on and the fan spin do you see any red lights on the motherboard there's one for the RAM which is near the RAM sticks and one for the CPU which is near the CPU? 🤔

nawabaarij

Commendable
Jun 26, 2018
Honestly you're a power supply could have given out when you turn on the computer and briefly turns on and the fan spin do you see any red lights on the motherboard there's one for the RAM which is near the RAM sticks and one for the CPU which is near the CPU? 🤔

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Okay is definitely the power supply so go ahead and see if you can buy a EVGA G5 550 watt 80 plus bronze rating and you should be good to go but if you turn it on and the fan spin and the computer shuts off immediately then it's not the power supply it's maybe the motherboard or the RAM or maybe even the CPU but it's good thing your parts are okay you just to get a new PSU my friend

Solution

nawabaarij

Commendable
Jun 26, 2018
Ethernet lights on the motherboard are working so I thought maybe the powersupply is fine as the motherboard is getting power.

Status
Not open for further replies.