NVIDIA nForce 590/680i For Conroe, Where Are They? HERE!

Page 60 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

McParty

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2006
Some call it Cyber Monday... but I'm sure it's monday. Just yesterday I was reading again about it in the New York Times, every year I read about it.

ScarletSpider

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
Well, still no time to OC this bad boy, but just a quick minute to share my last few days. I stood in line at Bestbuy from 3am when I showed up, until 5am when they opened and grabbed a Samsung SyncMaster 931bw. Which is a 19" widescreen with 2000:1 contrast (no typo!) and a response time of 2ms! Best part is.... it only cost $140 with tax!!! Crazy deal. Glad I got it and I'll hopefully get some OC done tonight.

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Hey mcparty, tomorrow is gonna be cyber monday and I would like to ask you if we are gonna get better deals than black friday? are we gonna get more deals? how is cyber sunday similar and different from black friday?
Also, how would you compare the black fridays of the last two years with this one that just happened?
Are tomorrow cyber sunday offers only via internet? or is there offers in retail stores too?

sorry for those questions but I never knew about this famouse black friday or cyber sunday! :oops: Since I didnt live in the US before...

McParty

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2006
We can only hope for better deals! I would think that should happen because we are taking about stores that are strictly online merchants. On Black Friday these places know people are getting up in the morning and going to regular stores. As for if we see the stuff WE WANT on sale is another thing!! LOL I doubt if you'd see any great markdown on something new like the Striker yet!! Now maybe some ram.. and CPU price cuts!!

RonimuS

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
I preface by saying this may be a stoopid question :oops:
Where the hell are the chasis speaker pins on this board?!?!?
I appreciate the help!

ScarletSpider

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2006
Well, it seems I've gone wrong somewhere, cause my CPU runs at 37-47*C, when it should be 30-37. Maybe I put too much AS5 on the cpu... Well, anyway, the 8800gts is one hot card! At idle it's anywhere from 55-60! After a few hours of NFS: carbon, it was at 70+!!!!! That's insane! Any advice on ways to cool it?

Another thought.. maybe it's just nvidia's monitor program. What do you guys use that's very reputable?

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
I believe in the bottom right corner where the LED lights pin connectors are.

Scarlet, maybe you put too much thermal paste or the heatsink is bad positioned. BTW the 8800 series card are hot! physically and when working :D I suggest you put some fans around it. Maybe a PCI slot fan might help and a fan where the hard drives go :D

Also, it might be that you have fans but too many cables around? or the room temperature is too hot?

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Hey! Yesterday I stayed awake until 11:15pm to see if Newegg was gonna release the striker again and NOTHING!

They had put below it ETA 11/27/06 at 10:47pm and since yesterday night it was gone! whats going on! why arent e-tailers getting them!? I expect them go have it ready again today at 9:00 like they usually do.

McParty

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2006
WOW....didn't take long!! I was looking this morning while at work. Just checked and OUT OF STOCK again!

They do have a new Biostar version...that's good, if nothing else to help keep down the cost of the boards with that chipset in general.

Sorry Slim. If I come across any I'll let you know!

McParty

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2006
Yeah....sorry. They had it listed as IN STOCK. I know because at one time (dreaming) I put it in my cart! LOL

like I said, if I see it around I'll let you know asap!

slim142

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Well dont even worry about it, I wont buy it until....

1)prices go down at least $50

or

2) when christmas is 1 or 2 weeks around the corner

=/

fathers decision :cry: