[SOLVED] Online games won't connect to the internet but i can browse the web normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2020
I don't understand why but all of my games, online games won't work. From LoL to PUBG or CS"go on steam, the steam, Riot games launcher or any game launcher won't connect to the internet. I tried to turn off the windows firewall and it's still not working. Now I'm stuck with a pc that can only use chrome. What do I do? I can also use chrome normally but when I try another browser, it has the same problem as the games, chrome is the only app on my pc that can use the internet.
I checked my router in the internet box and...
Internet connection status The optical path is normal. Registration with the OLT succeeded. DHCP dialup failed
Hardware status Hardware is normal
Voice service status Port1: Voice network connection is abnormal Port2: Voice network connection is abnormal
I tried checking the settings and in the internet protocol v4 and v6 the "Obtain an IP address automatically " was selected.
I don't know what to do anymore, is my router or my pc dead? Maybe my brain...

Solution
If Chrome works then it's not a hardware or internet modem issue...it has to be a software issue. It sounds like you've somehow installed a proxy server that only Chrome has the address for...type "proxy" in the windows search bar and the settings page should open.
Mar 15, 2020
stick with 1 thread
I don't understand why but all of my games, online games won't work. From LoL to PUBG or CS"go on steam, the steam, Riot games launcher or any game launcher won't connect to the internet. I tried to turn off the windows firewall and it's still not working. Now I'm stuck with a pc that can only use chrome. What do I do? I can also use chrome normally but when I try another browser, it has the same problem as the games, chrome is the only app on my pc that can use the internet.
I checked my router in the internet box and...
Internet connection status The optical path is normal. Registration with the OLT succeeded. DHCP dialup failed
Hardware status Hardware is normal
Voice service status Port1: Voice network connection is abnormal Port2: Voice network connection is abnormal
I tried checking the settings and in the internet protocol v4 and v6 the "Obtain an IP address automatically " was selected.
I don't know what to do anymore, is my router or my pc dead? Maybe my brain...

If Chrome works then it's not a hardware or internet modem issue...it has to be a software issue. It sounds like you've somehow installed a proxy server that only Chrome has the address for...type "proxy" in the windows search bar and the settings page should open.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.