Jul 24, 2019
Hi everybody,
I'm currently saving up for a PC with a budget of £1000 and I was wondering if this PC is viable for 1080p gaming and if I should switch out any parts
thank you for reading this and any constructive criticism is welcome. Thank you!
My Build
Edit 1: Dodgy link

Solution
Honestly looks all good to me. Although if you are planning to upgrade in the future, I agree with King_V in that getting a cheaper card now like an RX-580 and then upgrading that to a better graphics card later might be a good idea, since the RX-580 will crush basically any game at 1080p 60hz max settings for now.
May 23, 2019
Apologies but I put in the link incorrectly, should work now.
Thanks! So first of all the GPU is very good!Though i think the GPU is too powerful for the CPU , not to sure though i dont have a good understanding of software.other than that it should be good i think.

Jul 24, 2019
Thanks! So first of all the GPU is very good!Though i think the GPU is too powerful for the CPU , not to sure though i dont have a good understanding of software.other than that it should be good i think.
Thank you for the response and from what I've seen in all the benchmarking the CPU hasn't bottlenecked the RTX 2060 so I think I should be good.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'd suggest this PSU: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...fied-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-550fx

£5 more, but 10 year warranty, and I'm a little more comfortable with Seasonic's FOCUS line than trying to remember which EVGA PSUs are good and which aren't.

Why are you going with an X470 chipset motherboard? Are there features that you need from it that a B450 board wouldn't have?

Finally, what is your monitor's resolution and refresh rate, and does the monitor have FreeSync, GSync, or neither? That will help in determining an appropriate video card.

Jul 24, 2019
I'd suggest this PSU: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...fied-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ssr-550fx

£5 more, but 10 year warranty, and I'm a little more comfortable with Seasonic's FOCUS line than trying to remember which EVGA PSUs are good and which aren't.

Why are you going with an X470 chipset motherboard? Are there features that you need from it that a B450 board wouldn't have?

Finally, what is your monitor's resolution and refresh rate, and does the monitor have FreeSync, GSync, or neither? That will help in determining an appropriate video card.
Thank you for the response, I did have some caution concerning the PSU but I've switched it for your recommendation. As for the mobo, I was originally going to get an MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC Gaming but the X470 was cheaper so I just chose the X470. As concerning my moniter, it's a standard 1080p monitor @ 60 Hz with no FreeSync or g-Sync however I am planning to get a new monitor within the next 2 years or so. Hope this helps!

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
In that case, I'd suggest being sure of what your target resolution and/or refresh rate is for that future monitor before buying a video card at the level of the 2060, for example. ie: know that you're going for a 3440x1440, or 2560x1080, or what-have-you.

You'll note that I chose two resolutions that are ultrawide 21:9 aspect ratio rather than the standard wide-screen 16:9 aspect ratio. Typically more expensive, but I, a guy who used to believe that ultra-wide was a gimmick, am now a very strong advocate of the ultra-wide aspect ratio. I would DEFINITELY recommend getting one with FreeSync.

That aside, if, say, it's definitely going to be 2 years before getting a newer monitor, why not get, say, an inexpensive RX 570 or 580 now? Either of those should perform reasonably well for the time being (medium to high settings at 1920x1080 @ 60FPS for many games), and then when you move on to the new monitor, get a more powerful video card to play nicely with that monitor.

Plus, at that point in time, at least one more generation of video cards will have come out, which will be better performing and/or cheaper than what's available today.

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
I am a big fan of be quiet! products and the dark rock pro 4 is especially good, but.... putting a 70 dollar cooler on a 120 dollar cpu seams a bit disproportional.

With the 70 bucks you could upgrade to a r5 3600 or a 5700 xt. Even if you take a 30 dollar cooler you could spent 40 bucks elsewhere.

Jul 24, 2019
I am a big fan of be quiet! products and the dark rock pro 4 is especially good, but.... putting a 70 dollar cooler on a 120 dollar cpu seams a bit disproportional.

With the 70 bucks you could upgrade to a r5 3600 or a 5700 xt. Even if you take a 30 dollar cooler you could spent 40 bucks elsewhere.
The reason I choose the Dark Rock Pro 4 is so that I have some overclocking headroom with the 2600 and also because I just like having good temps so I'm fine with it being overkill, also I can use it in future builds. And plus even if I switch the cooler out for the stock cooler I still can't afford the 3600 as it goes over my budget and I really dislike the blower-style cooling for the 5700Xt.

Honestly looks all good to me. Although if you are planning to upgrade in the future, I agree with King_V in that getting a cheaper card now like an RX-580 and then upgrading that to a better graphics card later might be a good idea, since the RX-580 will crush basically any game at 1080p 60hz max settings for now.

Solution