Yes it works with XP, you insert the serial number at the time you install
it. That's all it takes.

<Pete@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Does NORTON PARTITION MAGIC 8.0 work with XP?
> Does it require "activation?"
> -Pete

It works very well on XP, including up through SP-2.

A few suggestions to improve your experience with PM:

1. Run CHKDSK on all partitions you plan on acting upon with PM. Let
CHKDSK fix all file system errors, before running PM8.

2. Run only one operation at a time, verify it worked as you expected. A
confirmatory CHKDSK is a good idea on all new/changed partitions.

3. If possible, defrag before using PM8. PM8 runs fastest when ity does
not have to move a lot of files. This is most relavent when making a new
partition from an existing one that already contains data.

4. When you install PM8 it will offer to make a recovery floppy set, from
which you can run PM8 without access to XP. Do it ! If anything goes wrong
(never has for me), you might be able to fix it with this floppy set.

5. As with all major disk operations, backup personal files before using
PM8. I have found PM 4 through 8 safe on win95, 98, and XP. However,
things can go wrong. For example, a power failure in the middle of some PM8
operations can be fatal.

<Pete@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Does NORTON PARTITION MAGIC 8.0 work with XP?
> Does it require "activation?"
> -Pete

bytor

In article <tzGVe.355$nF3.133@newssvr24.news.prodigy.net>,
Pete@nospam.com, says...

> Does NORTON PARTITION MAGIC 8.0 work with XP?
> Does it require "activation?"
> -Pete

I believe activation started with v8.02

And yes it does work............

Pete@nospam.com wrote:
> Does NORTON PARTITION MAGIC 8.0 work with XP?
> Does it require "activation?"
> -Pete

Symantec (i.e., Norton) took over Partition Magic.
My pre-takeover PM8 works beautifully in every respect.
It works perfectly with XP. As for 'activation', I can't
answer because mine predates the take-over.

--
William B. Lurie

PM 8.0 works perfectly with Windows XP. The version i use has never required
activation.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

The information in this post is supplied "as is". No warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy,
reliability or content of this post. The Author shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use
of, or inability to use, information or opinions expressed in this post..

<Pete@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Does NORTON PARTITION MAGIC 8.0 work with XP?
> Does it require "activation?"
> -Pete

TRENDING THREADS