Question PC cuts out, strange fan sounds, is my PSU faulty?

Aug 6, 2020
So I’m having some issues and it’s stressing me out the max. My pc is only a few months old. I had to RMA within a month or so of having it, as I discovered very early on that 8GB wasn’t enough for me to video edit on. So I tried to upgrade the RAM myself, I’m very inexperienced but could easily see my RAM slots. Watched a few YouTube videos. Thought it would be easy but basically I didn’t seat it properly, thought I’d broke my entire computer so I had to RMA it. I was also having issues with the kettle lead making crackling sounds and I would struggle a lot with getting the lead in the right place without it cutting out and or not booting up.

So I’ve had it back now for about 3 weeks.
I noticed straight away that the CPU fan seemed a bit off in its placement. Looks a little titled but I don’t know much about computers, and couldn’t quite remember how it looked previously so tried not to dwell on it too much.

It’s been seemingly fine up until recently after I moved my room around, however I am always extra extra EXTRA careful when handling my pc. Now it has been randomly cutting out on me. I thought at first maybe I’d nudged the power cable as I mentioned previously it seems really sensitive and cuts off with slight movement. I didn’t again think too much of it I just find it very stressful but just kept well away from any cables that may be around my feet.
Then I started hearing a ticking/clicking noise from the pc. Sounds like a fan. It’s inconsistent, it seems to do it or start doing it after the pc has been on a while. I’ve investigated the parts I can see, even moved a wire to make sure it wasn’t hitting the cooler fan. Still no difference. I did contact the manufacturer about this, and they ran stress tests on everything to see if it would trigger the noise basically as it had stopped when I rang. Nothing happened, and so I was just told to keep an eye on it.
I was getting a bit concerned about air flow and my floor isn’t the most even, so I moved the pc to my desktop to see if there’s any improvement there. I had it on for around 2 hours, no ticking sound so I took that as a good thing. However, I have a software that monitors the CPU, RAM and temp. I noticed my CPU usage was going really high when idle. I also discovered I could check the temperature using this, and my CPU at one point was 85C and that was again idle. I’m not an expert but that seems really high for a computer that’s not doing much? The temperature did drop to around 65C and my CPU usage went to a normal % and I felt a bit better. I then started to export a video and it completely shut out. Cables are no where near me now I’ve moved the pc onto the desktop so I now know that it cutting out before was probably not me slightly nudging the power cable on accident. I booted it back on after it cut out for fear of it being completely dead. I had to switch it off and back on again and it did boot up okay, but then I heard strange grinding sounds again sounding like it’s coming from the PSU.
What could this be? I feel like there’s a lot of symptoms going on here but I’m thinking it’s the power supply? But am also not sure as the CPU seems to be overheating and I’m quite convinced the fan isn’t in the same place as it was prior to the RMA.
I’m so sorry this was so long! Any advice is appreciated thanks

Aug 6, 2020
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-9400F (2.9GHz) 9MB Cache
Motherboard: ASUS® H310-PLUS R2.0: ATX, DDR4, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM): 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card: 6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1660 Ti
HDD: 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
SSD: 256GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (1900 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
CPU Cooler: PCS FrostFlow 100 RGB Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Power supply: Corsair 450W VS series VS450
Thermal paste: standard thermal paste