Yankeetown1357

Honorable
May 28, 2014
Hey all,
Whenever I turn my PC on it seems like everything is working, all fans and lights turn on, but it doesn’t boot and monitor doesn’t detect a signal. I get no POST beeps either.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte B450 DS3H
Corsair CX600 PSU
RTX 3060 ti
2x4gb RAM
SSD
2 500gb HDDs

I’ve tried reseating everything, resetting CMOS battery, testing RAM by only using one of the sticks, trying my old GTX 1060 in place of my 3060ti. All of those still give me the same problem. This PC has had no problems up until today, I was using it last night last. I did get a BSOD last night but that was apparently due to corsairvbus and after restart it was working again.
Would this be a PSU or motherboard issue? I feel it could only be one of those two at this point.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Power off your PSU. Remove the RTX. Locate the 2 BIOS pins and use a metal thing to short these for a little while. Reboot PC and allow it a few reboots until hopefully it will appear stable but without a graphics card. Add graphics card suited for 650 watt PSU.

Yankeetown1357

Honorable
May 28, 2014
So for some reason my PC would only not boot when its turned on with a displayport cable. When I booted it with an HDMI plugged in it started right up. I only found this out as I was testing with another monitor that didn't have displayport as an option. How can a display cable cause my PC to not POST?

Dec 18, 2020
Hey all,
Whenever I turn my PC on it seems like everything is working, all fans and lights turn on, but it doesn’t boot and monitor doesn’t detect a signal. I get no POST beeps either.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte B450 DS3H
Corsair CX600 PSU
RTX 3060 ti
2x4gb RAM
SSD
2 500gb HDDs

I’ve tried reseating everything, resetting CMOS battery, testing RAM by only using one of the sticks, trying my old GTX 1060 in place of my 3060ti. All of those still give me the same problem. This PC has had no problems up until today, I was using it last night last. I did get a BSOD last night but that was apparently due to corsairvbus and after restart it was working again.
Would this be a PSU or motherboard issue? I feel it could only be one of those two at this point.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 18, 2020
Power off your PSU. Remove the RTX. Locate the 2 BIOS pins and use a metal thing to short these for a little while. Reboot PC and allow it a few reboots until hopefully it will appear stable but without a graphics card. Add graphics card suited for 650 watt PSU.

Solution