magnus2307

Prominent
Nov 28, 2018
I built a new pc and it freezes few minutes into booting, when installing windows 10 from usb, it usually freezes at «getting files ready for installation» but when im chilling in BIOS no freezes occur, so im curious what could be the problem? I already tried the psu (read online it could be at fault) on my old rig ( i5-6600k, 1060 6GB) and it installed windows just fine no issue.

My specs:
2080 Gaming X Trio Super
i7-9700k 3.6GHz
2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 3200hz (mem frequenzy shows 2133 in bios)
Mobo: Aorus Master Z390
Cooler: H150i rgb
Ssd:SAMSUNG 850+860 EVO
PSU: Corsairs RM850x
(Hope this helps)

Side note: usually i didnt even get past windows/Motherboard logo, but after getting a new psu i haven’t had that issue.

PLEASE Help me as i have had these issues for 2 weeks and im REALLY getting tired of this, any help at all is highly appreciated as im lost

Solution
i tried to use xmp (3200) and i got a bios failure so didnt get that far, however because of something old i read i tried my old psu on the pc, and it got me nice and fast through the windows installation (which is far better than previous result where i didnt even get past logo) so could the psu be a problem? I didnt get to check further as my cpy fan pump didnt want to work with my old psu (550w bronze)
i would really either change memory to different ports or try one slot at a time. when i had this problem it was a faulty memory port issue apparently. yeah i think with your hardware your minimum would be a 600w.

Lutfij

Titan
Did you use Windows Media Creation Tools to create you bootable installer? We're currently working with 1903. Have only one SSD connected, the one you plan to install the OS onto. Latest BIOS update for your motherboard? If the issue persists, might want to build outside of the case and see if you make progress.

magnus2307

Prominent
Nov 28, 2018
Did you use Windows Media Creation Tools to create you bootable installer? We're currently working with 1903. Have only one SSD connected, the one you plan to install the OS onto. Latest BIOS update for your motherboard? If the issue persists, might want to build outside of the case and see if you make progress.
I took one ssd out, weirdly enough now it freezes on boot? Guess im building it outside the case

magnus2307

Prominent
Nov 28, 2018
maybe try set the memory timings manually? or maybe you need to change some storage settings in bios?
i tried to use xmp (3200) and i got a bios failure so didnt get that far, however because of something old i read i tried my old psu on the pc, and it got me nice and fast through the windows installation (which is far better than previous result where i didnt even get past logo) so could the psu be a problem? I didnt get to check further as my cpy fan pump didnt want to work with my old psu (550w bronze)

1TED

Reputable
Sep 27, 2019
i would really either change memory to different ports or try one slot at a time. when i had this problem it was a faulty memory port issue apparently. yeah i think with your hardware your minimum would be a 600w.

Solution

magnus2307

Prominent
Nov 28, 2018
i pulled out the gpu lowering the minimum to about 300 according to a calculator, but i have tried the different ram slot thing a while back, but will try again soon. thanks

1TED

Reputable
Sep 27, 2019
i pulled out the gpu lowering the minimum to about 300 according to a calculator, but i have tried the different ram slot thing a while back, but will try again soon. thanks
hopefully it works, otherwise might just be power supply.sometimes from what i heard, i guess it can also be getting stuck on mouse or keyboard or other usb devices. Good luck