kyrios_eustace

Reputable
Oct 8, 2018
So for a while now, my PC has been having these weird... frame freezes and cuts - It affects everything.
Every 1-3 seconds, my mouse freezes for a split second, or an animation in a game with freeze on the last frame of the animation then kick back into the animation, or a video will constantly freeze frame (this one is hard to notice so does not bother me) - or if i have an animated wallpaper, it freezes for a split second constantly. I dont know whats causing it.

My specs are:

B450 Tomahawk
Ryzen 3700x
RTX 2070
750 watt gold PSU
3200 speed DDR4 ram (32gb)
2x 1080p 1ms 75hz monitors (byt for some reason they are messed up and only work at 60hz) :
wired and wireless mouse

I have made sure everything is seated and connected, i make sure everything is updated, drivers and windows. i have tried rolling back already - it seems my issue went away when i went to the 1607 version of windows during a factory reset, but then came back when i updated windows to any other version - i updated my Bios, all my temps stay at about 40-60c on GPU and CPU - averaging around 51 out of games, 67 in games - i can get 100-200 FPS on max settings in a lot of games, i generally run high/med settings though - but this issue still affects everything no matter the settings. my FPS also will randomly go from 230 fps to 10 fps for a second here and there also, wich is an effect of my issue i presume.

i want to fix this. i been dealing with it for so long, but these freezes/cuts are hurting my eyes at this point, they are bothersome and have made playing games, a pain and not playable.

i hope i can get some help to fix this, and understand what is causing it and why...
my system itself runs good. and it was running great for a while. but idk when this started happening. i been dealing with it for.... 7 months now about?

kyrios_eustace

Reputable
Oct 8, 2018

kyrios_eustace

Reputable
Oct 8, 2018
Have you tried turning off game mode in win10?
yes, i have rolled back my OS version to 3 different versions, starting with the version i remember being on before my issues.

Currently i believe it is a hardware issue, and not a software issue.
i did put in a new CPU, RAM, and GPU into my PC before my issues, and my issues started some time after this however everything was fine for a while after my upgrades, not really sure When things started going bad

I see that you have 32gb memory did they all come from the same package? Did you try different memory speed settings? Is it possible for you to post your Nvidia control panel 3d settings and resolution settings window? Also, in PhysX panel setting what do you have set for use with PhysX?

kyrios_eustace

Reputable
Oct 8, 2018
I see that you have 32gb memory did they all come from the same package? Did you try different memory speed settings? Is it possible for you to post your Nvidia control panel 3d settings and resolution settings window? Also, in PhysX panel setting what do you have set for use with PhysX?
I will get some screen shots after work - but yes, my RAM all came together in one package of x4 8gb sticks

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch

kyrios_eustace

Reputable
Oct 8, 2018

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/L3AWg6R

Here are my settings - my PhysX settings was set to auto……
And it seems to have fixed the issue… why?
how has this one setting caused months and months of issues like this????
I mean I’m not 100% sure it’s fixed, but it seems to have changed something and fixed the frame catching

kyrios_eustace

Reputable
Oct 8, 2018
Ok and now your problem is fixed? Setting on auto makes it jump from gpu to cpu and you get inconsistent results. Setting on gpu offloads all the work on to the gpu, and yours is strong enough to handle the work load.
Your a life saver - I been through so much and all it came down to was this simple little setting…
I appreciate the help and assistance!!!

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch