Nov 2, 2023
Hello,

so since a couple of days i have had an very interesting problem. The issue startet when i upgraded to windows 11 and started playing a new remastered game of Ark known as Ark survival ascended. The game just came out so i expected some issues and the game did crash a couple of times.

But then on the second day of me playing it my whole PC would just restart itself. I checked the Windows logs and there was an error called Logger-WHEA-46 and it said something about the RAM beeing at fault. So i first thought its overheating but the temperatures for both the cpu and gpu were under 75 so then i thought maybe the chipset drivers are the cause so i updated my BIOS firmare, installed windows 10 again and also the chipset drivers and turned the pc off for the day.

The next day i tested the pc by playing elden ring and i played it for about 3 hours without and problems whatsoever. But as soon as i started Ark the pc restarted. So then i wanted to do another clean installation of windows 10. But this time the PC would restart itself very time before the installation would finish.

So without any choice left i ordered some parts off amazon. The main suspects were the RAM, Motherboard and the PSU.

The parts came today so i started installing them 1 by 1. First came the RAM because it was the easiest but it didnt work. After that i replaced the whole motherboard, pc still kept restarting. Then i changed the PSU and even the power cable and outlet. I used the same ATX Motherboard Cable because the one that came with the new psu didn't work. Then i turned the PC on and started the windows installation and just like before the pc kept restarting.

I am so close to just giving up and selling the parts because i just cant be bothered anymore. If you have any ideas why this is happening pls share them with me.

My new ideas are that the cpu somehow has a problem or the ATX power cable for the Motherboard is broken but both of them don't make much sense to me.

Pls help. 😭

Nov 2, 2023
PC specs:
Asus TUF Gaming b550-plus
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
Nvidia RTX 3070
Corsair Vengeance 2x16gb 3600MHz
Corsair rm750x
1 SSD M.2 250 gb
1 SSD 1 TB
1 HDD 2 TB