Mar 2, 2024
So, I've had my pc for a while and just got it back from a friend who was fixing it, im going to invest about 500$ into new parts, (GPU,PSU,Case,And maybe a cpu or motherboard(this will determine which one)) My old gpu crapped the bed and all my ram i have suuspicions of being bad but then my friend put ths old random ram from a prebuilt in so it should at least boot, either its the motherboard, the slots or just the ram again because it will not boot and my friend sai the orange dram light on the mobo could show for the cpu as well, I have an asus rog strix b450-f gaming motherboard, a ryzen 5 5400g vega graphics and a crappy psu cus my old one almost exploded, could anyone help me, i went to a trade school for I.T for a while but i dont remember alot, i have tried what i can think of and i just dont know what to do or what to buy, i dont want to buy one thing and its not the problem and have the other be the problem, or maybe there is only one problem i really dont know, ive tried booting with no ram and i didnt hear beeps, but i dont know if it has any speakers for the bios on the board, i tried a headset too but i dont know if that even works, or if the headset does either, could someone please guide/help me, i really dont know what to do right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I have an asus rog strix b450-f gaming motherboard, a ryzen 5 5400g vega graphics and a crappy psu cus my old one almost exploded
Most likely your crappy PSU is what's preventing the system from powering up.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

You don't buy parts, you source(borrow) from a friend or neighbor, when you have to troubleshoot your rig.

Mar 2, 2024
i was planning on upgrading and buying new parts anyways but the psu i have is some silver one from a crappy prebuilt along with the ram this was doing this when i had my original parts in it too, my cpu is a ryzen 5 5400g, motherboard is a asus rog strix b54-f gaming, i have a crucial m.2 mx500 and i dont know what my bios is rn and no grphics card currently

COLGeek

Cybernaut
So your original memory was replaced and you are now using the integrated video. Correct?

Details matter. Please provide the full make/model of your power supply.

What PSU was being used when the things you mentioned died?

Did the system ever successfully start after that incident?

Mar 2, 2024
So your original memory was replaced and you are now using the integrated video. Correct?

Details matter. Please provide the full make/model of your power supply.

What PSU was being used when the things you mentioned died?

Did the system ever successfully start after that incident?
my friend discovered all that, yes im trying to put with random ram and integrated graphics, i dont know the make of the psu its just a silver industrial crappy one youd see in a library computer, it shwos a dram orange light when i try to boot the pc up

Last edited by a moderator:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Open the case, look at the PSU. There should be a label with the information.

This very well could be part of your problem, especially if both the 24-pin and 8-pin motherboard power connectors are not properly attached AND getting adequate power.