Question PC or PSU acting weird turned oon and turned off in few second.

Jun 28, 2024
[Moderator edit to break up one solid paragraph of text.]

Can someone help me figure out the problem I am scared and can't get a nap.

Basically in the morning my PC was running fine i shutdown my pc and turned off PSU, after 2 hour next time i turned on PSU and pressed power button PC turned on for 1 sec and turned off but I saw RAM rgb still on so i turned off PSU switch and rgb was still on so i remove the plug entirely and soon rgb went off.

My english is kinda bad.

After that i put the plug back in and turn on PSU switch i saw small spark on the switch but same happened i again and repeated the same thing this time PSU made like a buzzing noise again turned off PSU and removed plug after that.

Again i plug in the cord and switch on PSU this time when i switch on my PSU my room breaker went out. My country power can go out randomly, so when i was trying to pull all my courage to try it again power went out and i went to sleep.

When i woke up i didn't try turning on PC but directly pulled out RAM and put it back in as i saw somebody say it could solve the issue. Again after reinstalling RAM When i plug my cord , turn on PSU and power button my PC started working fine since then.

i dunno what caused the problem here i dunno if it was PSU, RAM or if the whole electricity was low power at the time. Also i am so scared to even touch PSU switch, but at the same time i wanna turn off PSU switch thinking when i am sleeping power might go out and come back damaging my PC.

PSU that i use is NZXT c850 80 plus gold.

My spec are :

Motherboard: Msi z690 a ddr4
CPU: Intel i7-12700k
GPU: 3070ti msi Suprim x
RAM : 32 gb gskill 4000mhz
PSU : NZXT c850 80 plus fully modular
SSD: samsung evo 980 pro 1 TB

PSU and whole system is like 1 and a half year old, i purchased in local retail store where i bought everything else from. It was sealed original / new. I don't do heavy gaming often as it's super hot in my country and GPU temps goes around 70 so just occasionally every now and then. SSD got like 400gb free.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS