Question PC shuts down after playing 5 minutes.

refaelagronov

Honorable
Jul 30, 2015
Hey,
Recently I Updated my AMD driver. since the update every game I play I can play like 5M and then it shuts down.
I check all
Fan Works, No overheat and the cable is plugged in.

My PC Is Lenovo G50-70 Laptop

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 8500M ( aka R5 230M)

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
Hey,
Recently I Updated my AMD driver. since the update every game I play I can play like 5M and then it shuts down.
I check all
Fan Works, No overheat and the cable is plugged in.

My PC Is Lenovo G50-70 Laptop

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 8500M ( aka R5 230M)
More than likely it's something to do with the temps. Try doing a benchmark and monitor all temps with something like core temp or a program that will check your GPU and CPU temps. I would imagine the AMD update may have changed some fan curves or power settings and it's causing it to run hotter than normal

refaelagronov

Honorable
Jul 30, 2015
More than likely it's something to do with the temps. Try doing a benchmark and monitor all temps with something like core temp or a program that will check your GPU and CPU temps. I would imagine the AMD update may have changed some fan curves or power settings and it's causing it to run hotter than normal
I did 15M ago with OCCT
CPU: 70C
GPU : 60C
Usees 15.91V

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
I did 15M ago with OCCT
CPU: 70C
GPU : 60C
Usees 15.91V
The fact it's up for 5 min before shutting down usually means heat. Next time it crashes go to event viewer (type event viewer in windows search bar) and then click on Windows logs then system. You will see red circles next to the errors and it should show you what is causing the errors that shut down the PC. Click through all the errors until you find what it is

refaelagronov

Honorable
Jul 30, 2015
The fact it's up for 5 min before shutting down usually means heat. Next time it crashes go to event viewer (type event viewer in windows search bar) and then click on Windows logs then system. You will see red circles next to the errors and it should show you what is causing the errors that shut down the PC. Click through all the errors until you find what it is
Well There's a lot of Errors:

1#
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
The speed of processor 0,1,2,3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

2#
Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
Level: Error
Description:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
Well There's a lot of Errors:

1#
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
The speed of processor 0,1,2,3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

2#
Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
Level: Error
Description:
The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
The processor power fault is most likely the cause. It's probably either from your CPU not getting enough power or once again it's getting too hot and throttling until it overheats. The second error wouldn't result in any crashing so it's something. You could try reverting the AMD update you installed and see if that will fix it. Maybe the update raised the GPU voltage and it's dumping extra heat into the chassis or somehow your TJ Max temp got lowered and it's set to auto shut down at a temp that it shouldn't.