May 13, 2021
So I just recently built a new pc. The specs are below. I'm having an issue when I attempt to put the pc into Hibernation or even just sleep it just shuts the entire PC down, not saving anything. I've gone through soo many windows 10 guides on how to fix this and I'm beginning to wonder if it's something wrong in my BIOS settings. I transferred the OS system over from my original PC and hibernation worked just fine then, which is another indicator that its nothing to do with my windows settings. Does anyone know what could be the solution? I'm open to anything as I barely ever turn the PC off, I like it to stay in hibernation mode and turn it off maybe once a month.

PC Specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DesktopJunkie/saved/hk4h3C

Solution
clean install and keeping any files are mutually exclusive

you could try a reset, it might be enough but you would still lose all your applications, you would keep the contents of library folders (documents, pictures, music, videos) + logon info.

you should buy a 2tb hdd or something and use it for additional storage, they not that expensive, and then you could copy anything you don't want to lose onto it instead of USB . It makes it easier to recover from a reinstall then too. i have same ram & similar AIO, and I was going to get a 500gb 970 Evo Plus nvme but got 1tb instead.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I transferred the OS system over from my original PC and hibernation worked just fine then, which is another indicator that its nothing to do with my windows settings.
what do you mean? you physically moved the Install on the nvme from another system without reinstalling windows?

If that is case, it might be fixed with a clean install as it could be a driver problem.

if you move install from 1 pc to another, 3 things can happen
1 it works fine
2 it works fine but is a little buggy
3 it doesn't work at all.

May 13, 2021
what do you mean? you physically moved the Install on the nvme from another system without reinstalling windows?

If that is case, it might be fixed with a clean install as it could be a driver problem.

if you move install from 1 pc to another, 3 things can happen
1 it works fine
2 it works fine but is a little buggy
3 it doesn't work at all.
If I use the media installation tool will it allow me to do a clean windows 10 install while transferring all my files? I just don’t feel like backing up all my files to USB’s and such to restore them.

Colif

Win 11 Master
clean install and keeping any files are mutually exclusive

you could try a reset, it might be enough but you would still lose all your applications, you would keep the contents of library folders (documents, pictures, music, videos) + logon info.

you should buy a 2tb hdd or something and use it for additional storage, they not that expensive, and then you could copy anything you don't want to lose onto it instead of USB . It makes it easier to recover from a reinstall then too. i have same ram & similar AIO, and I was going to get a 500gb 970 Evo Plus nvme but got 1tb instead.

Solution