Oct 24, 2020
I recently built a R5 3600 NVidia 2060 system for the first time & it has been running well until I started playing real demanding game titles. That's when my PC would just randomly reset without a single warning just on one second then I get my motherboard screen the next as it reboots.

Trying to figure it out I decided to try Cinebench stress test to see if it could handle it and it consistently shut down 4 times like 1/4 of the way through the test?

Anybody have any experience with this ? What could be the reason behind the shut downs?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I suspect it to be a few things :

-PSU cable is missing 4 pin ATX12v2 cpu connector for the motherboard
-CPU is overheating reaches 36 C on Ryzen Master just sitting with browser on & upwards of 55 C when running a game
-case fans are not providing enough airflow or my Hyper 212 black rgb edition isn't doing enough to help cool the system

James Eckmeder

Prominent
Oct 23, 2020
Your system probably shutting down to overheating. You need a new cooler and thermal paste. The extra 4 pins on a 24 pin connector are for extra power, if a device tries to pull more power that isn't supplied, it's going to crash.

Oct 24, 2020
Your system probably shutting down to overheating. You need a new cooler and thermal paste. The extra 4 pins on a 24 pin connector are for extra power, if a device tries to pull more power that isn't supplied, it's going to crash.
I currently have the Hyper 212 Evo RGB Black Edition, from what the reviews said its fine air cooler that supposedly gets the job done. I suspect it to be the bad ventilation of the case to the reason the cooler isn't cooling well enough but I'll research upgrading coolers if I must. As for the 4 pin connector, I was just wondering could it be that during a more intense performance demanding game , could it be that the system is crashing because its missing that extra power ? If so.... will some sort of a 8 pin to 8 +4 pin adpater get the job done or will I need a completely different power supply?

James Eckmeder

Prominent
Oct 23, 2020
I currently have the Hyper 212 Evo RGB Black Edition, from what the reviews said its fine air cooler that supposedly gets the job done. I suspect it to be the bad ventilation of the case to the reason the cooler isn't cooling well enough but I'll research upgrading coolers if I must. As for the 4 pin connector, I was just wondering could it be that during a more intense performance demanding game , could it be that the system is crashing because its missing that extra power ? If so.... will some sort of a 8 pin to 8 +4 pin adpater get the job done or will I need a completely different power supply?
The extra power is only necessary if the components you are using get all their power from the motherboard.

Oct 24, 2020
well I got an AsRock b550 pro 4 as my motherboard and idk does that extra power cover things like keyboard and mouse/USB ports on the motherboard? Because I use all of those often

TRENDING THREADS