[SOLVED] PC turns on but no Display and LED Disk Indicator not blinking (CPU_LED is solid red)

codemilly

Commendable
Jun 28, 2021
Hi! I've been having issues for quite a while now when turning on my PC but I'm not quite sure which one's the problem. What I thought was that my secondary HDD drive was causing boot issues because it was failing so I replaced it with a 2.5 SSD Samsung 870 QVO 1TB (See thread: Question - How do I replace my Secondary Storage Hard Drive with an SSD Stick? | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)). I tried cleaning the entire PC once but it's still the same (even removing the CMOS battery and putting it back). PC turns on but the LED indicator for disk won't light up but I've noticed that the CPU_LED is a solid red on my Z97-A motherboard.

What I just usually do is painstakingly power cycle a few times until it turns on properly and boots to the setup and Windows 10 afterwards.

Here's the scenarios I've noticed so far:
1.) GPU lights are on but the AIO Cooler Fan lights aren't running.
2.) Both GPU lights and AIO Cooler Fan lights are running but no blink on LED Disk indicator, CPU_LED is solid red.

SPECS:
CPU: Core i5 4690k
Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120v (push-pull fans)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A
Ram: 16gb(2x8) Kingston HyperX ddr3 1600mhz
GPU: Asus Strix 1070 oc O8G
PSU: Silverstone Stryder 750W Gold (Fully Modular)
SSD (Boot): Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
HDD: Seagate Barracuda HD 1TB SSD (Storage): Samsung 870 QVO 1TB
Case: Cooler master masterbox 5

Solution
Check your power connections to make sure the are all snug, even pull and reseat them especially the 24 pin and cpu power cable. Try backing off the cooler plate a little bit from the cpu, sometimes if cranked down too much a short and or bent pins can ensue. If not fixed then check your cpu for bent pins.
Check your power connections to make sure the are all snug, even pull and reseat them especially the 24 pin and cpu power cable. Try backing off the cooler plate a little bit from the cpu, sometimes if cranked down too much a short and or bent pins can ensue. If not fixed then check your cpu for bent pins.

Solution