Dec 14, 2020
I've given up and need help - for months I have been having endless issues with my PC and it is only getting worse. I get blue screens a lot, Warzone has crazy texture issues and endless crashes, chrome tabs will suddenly die and tell me to reload, CSGO game files corrupt commonly, and most importantly I am getting tons of corruption issues with video and photo files on my computer. Desperately need to find a fix for the latter issue but I am assuming they're all tied together.

I've tried updating all drivers that I know of, I have done a bunch of game specific fixes, I've updated windows, Reinstalled games, re imported footage, tried in other editing software, etc etc etc.
Regarding the footage issue, I do not have problems watching the "corrupt" files on my camera, but they are present when reading off of memory card on the PC, in premiere, davinci, or VLC. In both VLC and the editing software, the file plays for 2-4 seconds and then says "offline" or goes black, and repeats a terrible peaking audio track. I also have issues with importing images into Lighroom, and the corrupt file that comes into LR is editable, and that is strange to me. I just edited a video on a different computer and all of the footage was okay. Is it possible for the computer to import footage wrong and corrupts it, or it is just the display/rendering that is not functioning properly?

I used a second camera and memory card, and same thing happened. Some of the footage is "corrupt", so I think I can rule out the camera and memory cards.
I'm so, so, frustrated by this issue. I've tried troubleshooting by myself for far too long.

My computer specs:
Windows 10
GTX 1080
i7 6700
32gb RAM

Seriously appreciate any help I can get!!

Solution
I just did a full system scan in BitDefender and my computer came up 100% clean with 2828713 Files scanned. Does this rule a virus out, or no? Thanks!
I tried several antivirus programs and i'm currently paying 75.06 usd for a 1 year subscription to avast premium security. Never use webroot and i don't remember how helpful bitdefender is but you could try malware bytes it's an antivirus program. if those don't work try flashing your motherboard and fresh install or clean install your Windows, but back up your files first on cds or dvds or an external passport or external hdd. you can't rely on Windows programs if that's what bitdefender is. i used to use those then i realized there were thing like trojans and worms that could...
Dec 14, 2020
make and model of the psu?

check cpu/gpu temp?
ran memory test?

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (MSI)
GPU temp = 49 °C
CPU temp = 25-33 °C
These temps are current, so I'm not sure if that is helpful at all. I just had like 5 crashes a few minutes ago while importing photos.

Just ran a memory test, no issues found.

Thank you for your reply

raziel_5

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
I've given up and need help - for months I have been having endless issues with my PC and it is only getting worse. I get blue screens a lot, Warzone has crazy texture issues and endless crashes, chrome tabs will suddenly die and tell me to reload, CSGO game files corrupt commonly, and most importantly I am getting tons of corruption issues with video and photo files on my computer. Desperately need to find a fix for the latter issue but I am assuming they're all tied together.

I've tried updating all drivers that I know of, I have done a bunch of game specific fixes, I've updated windows, Reinstalled games, re imported footage, tried in other editing software, etc etc etc.
Regarding the footage issue, I do not have problems watching the "corrupt" files on my camera, but they are present when reading off of memory card on the PC, in premiere, davinci, or VLC. In both VLC and the editing software, the file plays for 2-4 seconds and then says "offline" or goes black, and repeats a terrible peaking audio track. I also have issues with importing images into Lighroom, and the corrupt file that comes into LR is editable, and that is strange to me. I just edited a video on a different computer and all of the footage was okay. Is it possible for the computer to import footage wrong and corrupts it, or it is just the display/rendering that is not functioning properly?

I used a second camera and memory card, and same thing happened. Some of the footage is "corrupt", so I think I can rule out the camera and memory cards.
I'm so, so, frustrated by this issue. I've tried troubleshooting by myself for far too long.

My computer specs:
Windows 10
GTX 1080
i7 6700
32gb RAM

You probably caught a virus of some sort and it is corrupting your files and unless you get rid of it it will continue to keep doing so. Did you try system restore to go back to a previous date before this had occurred? I would try running an antivirus after that just to be safe. Either that or your SSD or HDD is going bad. If all else fails do a fresh install on your computer.

Nov 9, 2020

My computer specs:
Windows 10
GTX 1080
i7 6700
32gb RAM

you could try a sfc /scannow or just reinstalling windows

Dec 14, 2020
You probably caught a virus of some sort and it is corrupting your files and unless you get rid of it it will continue to keep doing so. Did you try system restore to go back to a previous date before this had occurred? I would try running an antivirus after that just to be safe. Either that or your SSD or HDD is going bad. If all else fails do a fresh install on your computer.
How likely is it that there really is a virus? I feel like it would be more consistent if it was a virus, but it seems random which files are "corrupt" and which are fine.

Dec 14, 2020
I just did a full system scan in BitDefender and my computer came up 100% clean with 2828713 Files scanned. Does this rule a virus out, or no? Thanks!

raziel_5

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2013
I tried several antivirus programs and i'm currently paying 75.06 usd for a 1 year subscription to avast premium security. Never use webroot and i don't remember how helpful bitdefender is but you could try malware bytes it's an antivirus program. if those don't work try flashing your motherboard and fresh install or clean install your Windows, but back up your files first on cds or dvds or an external passport or external hdd. you can't rely on Windows programs if that's what bitdefender is. i used to use those then i realized there were thing like trojans and worms that could hide themselves in your files or as some people call them injections. It could also just be the programs or games you use are complying with all the data and warzone i think i read about bugs with it. could be your gpu (graphics card) because it doesn't have enough memory or it could be just that your camera has a bug with it itself. i used to listen to my gekido playstation game's soundtrack on an older computer and it tried to infect it even though the game shouldn't have had anything like that. The only other thing to try is use a different computer and see if it has the same problem with your camera. it could just be you need a different gpu.

Solution