Mar 24, 2019
I recently upgraded my SSD (to 1TB 860 Evo) so i decided to copy/clone my old one on my new ssd everything works perfectly fine except my printer. My pc can’t find the printer (but other PCs do). I can’t reinstall my drivers because the HP software says that it can’t connect to the printer.

What settings do I have to look at in order windows can find the printer in its add a new printer menu?
Thank you in advance

Mar 24, 2019
Are there any local printers recognized by windows ? Delete them if they are not a part of the system.
I am not sure what you mean with that. I just have a single printer and can’t connect it anymore since I cloned my c drive into another ssd.
But when I tried the hp driver installation tool it recognized the printer but says that it can’t connect to it on order to install the printer.

Mar 24, 2019
Does the computer have any installed printer ?
yeah but I deleted them. Not sure if this was a good idea :/

Anyway i have gathered some new information:
There is no Problem regarding my WiFi or any other external connectivity issues. I have tried connecting to the printer with my Hackintosh Drive (on the same PC) and it all works perfectly fine. I have checked almost every windows folder which could potentially contain any drivers for the printer (HP Envy 4500).
I also did a fresh install of windows (but chose to keep all files and programms). At first I found the printer but it didnt print.
I am 100% percent sure it has something to do with my windows but where could the issue be?

Mar 24, 2019
I wanted to reinstall the device but I could not find it in the available printers anymore. After that I deleted all driver which could potentially relate to my printer issue. This did not help either. Then I reinstalled win 10 using the media creation tool and checked the cross which said keep files AND programmes. This did not work either :´( So I booted from my Hackintosh Drive to check if it works there...and it worked perfectly fine. Pretty fustrated i connected my old laptop (which also runs win 10) to my ethernet cable. It found the printer within seconds and was able to print any file.

Do you have any idea where the problem might be?

Additional things i have done:
Restarted the print spooler service.
Uninstalled all related Devices in the device manager.
Checked my network sharing options.

Last edited by a moderator:
You say

At first I found the printer but it didnt print.
I am 100% percent sure it has something to do with my windows but where could the issue be?

So is this still the problem ? The printer now enumerates in control panel/printers but will not print ?

Mar 24, 2019
I recently found out that my printer is not working. It said it was offline. So I wanted to reinstall the device but I could not find it in the available printers anymore. After that I deleted all driver which could potentially relate to my printer issue. This did not help either. Then I reinstalled win 10 using the media creation tool and checked the cross which said keep files AND programmes. This did not work either :´( So I booted from my Hackintosh Drive to check if it works there...and it worked perfectly fine. Pretty fustrated i connected my old laptop (which also runs win 10) to my ethernet cable. It found the printer within seconds and was able to print any file.

Mar 24, 2019
I wanted to reinstall my printer but I could not find it in the available printers anymore. After that I deleted all driver which could potentially relate to my printer issue. This did not help either. Then I reinstalled win 10 using the media creation tool and checked the cross which said keep files AND programmes. This did not work either :´( So I booted from my Hackintosh Drive to check if it works there...and it worked perfectly fine. Pretty fustrated i connected my old laptop (which also runs win 10) to my ethernet cable. It found the printer within seconds and was able to print any file.