Jul 24, 2021
So I have this weird problem where warzone runs really bad on my computer. The game runs at about 2 fps and stutters frequently when I have focus on it. When I alt-tab though the fps counter jumps up to 100 fps and I have no clue how to fix this. I have never encountered a problem like this with any other game. I have also reinstalled the game and my graphics drivers.

PC Specs:
i7 8700 @ 3.20 ghz
16gbs of 3122 mhz (two 8 gbs)
GTX 1070 8gb vram (no oc)

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Things I would try out:
  • Turn on V-Sync if you haven't already.
  • Update your graphic driver.
  • Allow Nvidia GeForce Experience to automatically optimise Warzone.
  • Check Integrity of Warzone.
  • Update Bios.

Jul 24, 2021
Things I would try out:
  • Turn on V-Sync if you haven't already.
  • Update your graphic driver.
  • Allow Nvidia GeForce Experience to automatically optimise Warzone.
  • Check Integrity of Warzone.
  • Update Bios.
I've tried everything you mentioned to no prevail the game still runs bad when I have it in focus.

Jul 24, 2021
Have you tested your Internet Speed? Its often the cause of lag and slow fps for multiplayer games.
yes, my internet speed is perfectly fine. I have no internet issues with any online games. Warzone shows me acceptable network latency too. I just don't get what is causing the game to drop in fps when I play it. When I have windows focused on another window the fps for warzone jumps up to around 100. I have also tried running the game in windowed and fullscreen modes, both coming to the same outcome.

Ok then, Warzone is clearly doing something it shouldn't be, especially if no other games have issues. For testing purposes, try one of the default graphics presets (probably medium, since I think that turns most of the extra post-processing effects off) and see if anything changes. I doubt it, but the easiest explanation is some graphics setting is bugged (which being CoD wouldn't shock me).

Your PC isn't that much worse then mine; half the RAM and a 1070 instead of a 1080Ti. 1440p is perfectly achievable, and 4k is doable with some graphical compromises. Certainly shouldn't be getting sub-10 FPS performance.

Jul 24, 2021
Ok then, Warzone is clearly doing something it shouldn't be, especially if no other games have issues. For testing purposes, try one of the default graphics presets (probably medium, since I think that turns most of the extra post-processing effects off) and see if anything changes. I doubt it, but the easiest explanation is some graphics setting is bugged (which being CoD wouldn't shock me).

Your PC isn't that much worse then mine; half the RAM and a 1070 instead of a 1080Ti. 1440p is perfectly achievable, and 4k is doable with some graphical compromises. Certainly shouldn't be getting sub-10 FPS performance.
I have tried all the preset graphics settings and I am still getting the same issue. It really doesn't make sense to me either, my fps recovers when I don't have windows focused on the game so I believe I can assume my GPU isn't the problem here.