broskibrows

Reputable
Nov 6, 2017
I have looked around the forums for a while, and looked at other sources to try and fix my issue. Starting a few days ago I have been getting major FPS drops in games like Overwatch and Minecraft, and running shaders I am getting under 40 fps. In Hitman 2 I was experiencing major hanging issues where the game would freeze for seconds at a time before resuming. Specs are as follows:
CPU: Ryzen 5600X @ Stock
RAM: G Skill Ripjaws V @ 3600MHz 16CL
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
MOBO: ASUS X570-P
PSU: Corsair CX600M
SSD: XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1TB

I got the newest NVidia drivers after using DDU, issue persists. Have uninstalled unnecessary things such as Razer Synapse, updated iCUE as I still use it, still persists. Ensured RAM timings were set to the correct parameters in BIOS. GPU Usage and Power seem low in HWMonitor as I play. Temps are under control as well. No overclock is applied to anything, except for RAM if you count it. I am ripping my hair out trying to fix this. I have also done a virus scan and it came up clean. Also tried removing as many background tasks as possible with no change. CPU and GPU usage are nowhere near enough to seem to be affected by the background tasks anyway. I am at a loss please help me.

USERBENCHMARK RUN: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/39447400

EDIT: Overwatch is running at 100% render & low-medium settings with 400FPS limit. When I first put the build together it was maxing out 400 locked. Minecraft was able to run at 800+ with vanilla on medium settings, now its running at around 200. I didn't make note of Hitman's FPS but the freezing was very annoying.

EDIT2: Figured it would be a good idea to include my 3D Settings from NVIDIA Control Panel (btw, I have Game Mode and all that stuff off, as well as in-game overlay for Nvidia)
Image Sharpening: Off
Ambient Occlusion: Off
Anisotopic: Off
Antialiasing FXAA: Off
Antialiasing Gamma Correction: On
Antialiasing Mode: Off
Background App Max Frame Rate: Off
CUDA GPUS: All (only option is 1080)
DSR Factors: Off
Low Latency: Off
Max Frame Rate: Off
Monitor Tech: G-SYNC Compatible
Multi-Frame Sampled AA: Off
OpenGL Rendering: 1080
Power management mode: Max performance
Preferred refresh: Highest available
Shader Cache: On
Tex Filtering Aniso: On
Tex Filtering Negative: Allow
Tex Filtering Quality: Performance
Tex Filtering Trilinear: On
Threaded Opt: Off
Triple Buffer: Off
V Sync: Off
VR Prerendered Frames: 1

Last edited:
Solution
That's your first problem, replace the unit for something built reliably like a Seasonic or at the very least invest into a CX grey label unit from Corsair though you're going to be better served with a higher quality unit.

Lutfij

Titan
That's your first problem, replace the unit for something built reliably like a Seasonic or at the very least invest into a CX grey label unit from Corsair though you're going to be better served with a higher quality unit.

Solution
I have looked around the forums for a while, and looked at other sources to try and fix my issue. Starting a few days ago I have been getting major FPS drops in games like Overwatch and Minecraft, and running shaders I am getting under 40 fps. In Hitman 2 I was experiencing major hanging issues where the game would freeze for seconds at a time before resuming. Specs are as follows:
CPU: Ryzen 5600X @ Stock
RAM: G Skill Ripjaws V @ 3600MHz 16CL
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
MOBO: ASUS X570-P
SSD: XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro 1TB

I got the newest NVidia drivers after using DDU, issue persists. Have uninstalled unnecessary things such as Razer Synapse, updated iCUE as I still use it, still persists. Ensured RAM timings were set to the correct parameters in BIOS. GPU Usage and Power seem low in HWMonitor as I play. Temps are under control as well. No overclock is applied to anything, except for RAM if you count it. I am ripping my hair out trying to fix this. I have also done a virus scan and it came up clean. Also tried removing as many background tasks as possible with no change. CPU and GPU usage are nowhere near enough to seem to be affected by the background tasks anyway. I am at a loss please help me.

USERBENCHMARK RUN: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/39447400

EDIT: Overwatch is running at 100% render & low-medium settings with 400FPS limit. When I first put the build together it was maxing out 400 locked. Minecraft was able to run at 800+ with vanilla on medium settings, now its running at around 200. I didn't make note of Hitman's FPS but the freezing was very annoying.

EDIT2: Figured it would be a good idea to include my 3D Settings from NVIDIA Control Panel (btw, I have Game Mode and all that stuff off, as well as in-game overlay for Nvidia)
Image Sharpening: Off
Ambient Occlusion: Off
Anisotopic: Off
Antialiasing FXAA: Off
Antialiasing Gamma Correction: On
Antialiasing Mode: Off
Background App Max Frame Rate: Off
CUDA GPUS: All (only option is 1080)
DSR Factors: Off
Low Latency: Off
Max Frame Rate: Off
Monitor Tech: G-SYNC Compatible
Multi-Frame Sampled AA: Off
OpenGL Rendering: 1080
Power management mode: Max performance
Preferred refresh: Highest available
Shader Cache: On
Tex Filtering Aniso: On
Tex Filtering Negative: Allow
Tex Filtering Quality: Performance
Tex Filtering Trilinear: On
Threaded Opt: Off
Triple Buffer: Off
V Sync: Off
VR Prerendered Frames: 1
I didn't see you list bios update in there.

broskibrows

Reputable
Nov 6, 2017
I've been using it for like 6 years at this point so I guess it could be time for a new one, I know it's not the most reliable unit but I haven't had any issues for a long time while using it, back when I used to OC my RX 480 and Ryzen 1600 pretty hard it held up.