Jun 16, 2020
Hi, I am having a weird stutter in my pc, at any point in time, my pc will stutter, including video and audio, each stutter only lasts around half a second, and has no correlation with whether i'm running the pc hard or not. It stutters just as much as I am watching youtube video as it does when i'm playing a game, however when I am playing a game and it happens, the game doesn't detect any frame drop. I hope someone knows what this may be. (the stutter never crashes anything it just happens and goes away)

I have all drivers updated and my pc stays pretty cool

Ryzen 7 3800x
MSI 5700 xt mech oc
MSI x570 Gaming Plus
500w

Solution
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the stutters.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (use both but only one at a time) to observe system performance and look for some change or action that corresponds with the stutters.

PSU: make, model, wattage (noted 500 watts), age, condition?

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond with the stutters.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (use both but only one at a time) to observe system performance and look for some change or action that corresponds with the stutters.

PSU: make, model, wattage (noted 500 watts), age, condition?

Solution