Kun___

Reputable
Dec 26, 2015
One day I was gaming on my ROG Strix GL533VE, after I'm done playing, I simply just shut it off and kept it charging like usual ( been using it like this for 4-5 years). The next day I tried to turn it on and suddenly the charging light turns off and my laptop won't turn on

I opened up the back, unplug the Battery connector pin and the DC Powerjack connector pin and put it back in, put everything back in place and it works!

I figured this time I'll try putting it to sleep instead of powering it off so I can just use the spacebar to wake it up, but when I tap the spacebar, it completely shuts off again even the charging light goes off too and until now it won't turn back on after trying to unplug the connector pins.

Solution
Well, this happened to me last year December too! I brought it to the Asus Service center and they told me the motherboard is dead. Luckily I still had warranty that time (now it's expired) so they replaced it for free :D
Oct 8, 2020
Well, this happened to me last year December too! I brought it to the Asus Service center and they told me the motherboard is dead. Luckily I still had warranty that time (now it's expired) so they replaced it for free :D

Solution
Oct 8, 2020
Exactly. That happened to me. IIRC back then the laptop shut down all of a sudden when I was in the middle of a game and won't turn back on! Even if I try to charge it... Which made me sure the battery wasn't the problem.

Reactions: Kun___