Jun 29, 2023
Hello, i recenlty bought a RTX 2070Super GPU which i cant really use at its full potential yet. I have a problem that my GPU at its normal clock speed is glitching af (puts weird pixels all over the screen purpe, green, red, blue) but if i underclock in MSI afterburner with -100mhz on the core clock it works just fine even in gaming. The afterburner shows 81C while running at 100%. I underclocked the core with -100mhz and Overclocked the memory with +150mhz and works fine. I have a question that a re-paste would solve my problem or is this GPU just dying because the age and use?

My specs
Ryzen 3700x 2070Super 16gb ddr4 3200mhz ram and a 850W gold+ PSU

Jun 29, 2023
The GPU might be on it's last legs, dying, because those colored pixels/shapes on the screen are more likely a sign of a faulty VRAM of the card. Out of curiosity, what is the exact Model number/make of your PSU ?
Its an nJoy 850W but it was tested in another PC with a Corsair HX1200W platinium. I figured that its on its last days but i thought a re paste would help or maybe i send it to my friend for a reball

Its an nJoy 850W

Oh man ! This changes my original prediction and comment, since after knowing your current PSU model, all doubts point to the PSU instead. That's a garbage/junk "unsafe" PSU from NJOY ! Still not completely ruling out the GPU yet.

That's not a good or a high quality PSU to be used in any gaming rig. Try to upgrade and get a higher quality PSU model from reputed brands, like BE QUIET, Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, Enermax, Cooler Master. Njoy also uses FAKE 80 Plus certifications, dodgy units.

Don't skimp on the PSU since this is the most important component in any gaming PC. Yours is a local PSU brand, from Romania. DAI-TECH seems to be the legal owner of the nJoy brand.

Some of their units, in fact all, are very generic and poor in quality. Some are even considered quite dangerous fire hazards as well.

Njoy makes really "shoddy" power supplies, and I've seen a lot of PC systems getting fried after using this on a heavy gaming rig. I wouldn't touch this PSU brand even with a 10 foot pole. It's pure junk.

Then most likely it is a faulty GPU, if it exhibited the same behavior even with the Corsair PSU. But in any case, avoid using NJOY PSUs on gaming PCs and get a high quality unit if you can afford one, for safety reasons.

TRENDING THREADS