Feb 17, 2020
Hi I’m currently get no post on a new water cooling loop. I have a red led light and orange/amber light lit up on the Qled light on the motherboard and the error code doesn’t say anything other than 00. After looking round the case a little stupidly realised that I haven’t installed the backplate properly with the rubber. The bracket is basically attached to the motherboard directly. Do you reckon this will be the cause off my problem when I come to dismantle the weekend ? I’m lead to believe that there shouldn’t be anything touching the board and all other brackets are plastic or have rubber so there’s no direct connection to the motherboard for shorting out. I stupidly didn’t realise that I installed it without the rubber untill the whole pc was built and topped up with water. Motherboard Rgb lights up and fans start loud and quite down as if the pc is booting normally but I also can’t turn the pc back off with the main power button only on. I’m starting to believe this may be the root off my problem any ideas ? Everything worked and tested before water cooling began. From that time to finishing only thing that really stood out is the bracket situation.
Motherboard : X570 crosshair viii hero
Cpu: 3950x
Full loop is done through components from Corsair hydro x series.

Most motherboard designs give space to brackets so that even if you didn't put the insulating layer in between it shouldn't touch anything. But with a bit of wiggle room - who knows. The only way to know for sure is to take everything apart and check.