• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

    Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

    Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

[SOLVED] RX 5700XT or RTX 2060S with my Ryzen 1600 cpu

Dec 21, 2019
2
0
10
0
Hi,

Hello guys,

I have a stock ryzen 1600 cpu.
And now I want to get a new GPU, either the 5700XT or RTX 2060S, problem for me is that its difficult for me to choose.
5700XT is presumably going to bottleneck more but still provides more power and value than the RTX 2060S whereas I get ray tracing and also less of a bottleneck.

Personally I dont care about ray tracing fancy stuff as long as I get the most performance out of my cpu. I'm planning to OC it to 4ghz to get the bottleneck less noticeable
Both gpus are around 400 usd in my country with the RTX 2060S a bit cheaper,

Note I will be gaming in 1080p 144hz and I just want a gpu that will futureproof.
Im worried that buying a RTX 2060S with almost 400 usd will be a waste and not worth when I can purchase a gpu rx 5700xt with the same price.
Although the reason why I am also confused of buying the RX 5700XT is because yes it is more powerful and more worth for 400 usd but will my cpu(oc'd to 4ghz lets say) will be able to maximize its power as much as possible with low difference or am I better off to go with the cheaper RTX 2060S with ray tracing support.


I would like help to be broad with more context and not just short with some recoomendation for which gpu I should buy
I hope you guys understand my perspective and can clear my confusion.

Thaks alot have a great day!
 
Hey Nasim,

I found myself in the exact same situation like you.
The first thing that we need to do is set a budget and thats it . not 1 dollar or euro more.
The second thing we need to do is reflect out own gaming habbit.

In my situation I played league of legends most of the time and sometimes I love a game of the witcher 3.
I like to play on high graphics like every one else but I release its only 10% of the time I play that game, the other 90% is lol or csgo.
So I got myself a 1660ti

Your situation:

it sounds like you play some kind of overwatch and maybe csgo.
This is your main game that you play the majority of the time, how is ray tracing going to help you with that, I would get the 5700 xt.
 
Hey Nasim,

I found myself in the exact same situation like you.
The first thing that we need to do is set a budget and thats it . not 1 dollar or euro more.
The second thing we need to do is reflect out own gaming habbit.

In my situation I played league of legends most of the time and sometimes I love a game of the witcher 3.
I like to play on high graphics like every one else but I release its only 10% of the time I play that game, the other 90% is lol or csgo.
So I got myself a 1660ti

Your situation:

it sounds like you play some kind of overwatch and maybe csgo.
This is your main game that you play the majority of the time, how is ray tracing going to help you with that, I would get the 5700 xt.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS