Question RX 7900XTX POWERCOLOR RED DEVIL LOW FPS ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosphere

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
Hey!
After installing my new GPU (mentioned in title) my Warzone 2 FPS is the same or even worse then my old gpu.
I'm getting around 110-135FPS with an i9 10900K 5Ghz all core Overclock 16gb DDR4 3200MHz XMP enabled.
I was monitoring my CPU usage with HWmonitor and it only shows me 5% cpu utilization, can someone help me solve the issue?
Thanks

Reactions: Bikerata666

Nosphere

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
What was the model and brand of your previous GPU ? And which PSU/power supply unit are you using to power up the 7900XT ? List the exact model number. What about other PC games apart from Warzone 2 ?

How do they run ? Did you do a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers as well ?

Thanks for being super fast!
My previous GPU was an "EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra Gaming" and my PSU is a Corsair "RM850i 80+ gold 92% efficiency".
my new GPU is the "PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24GB Red Devil " and I tried apex legends which improved in FPS a lot actually it went from 160-200 to 240-300.

From the videos I've seen this setup should run way smoother :/ I uninstalled the nvidia drivers by going into programs and uninstalling, and then I downloaded the newest AMD adrenalin.

Hey!
After installing my new GPU (mentioned in title) my Warzone 2 FPS is the same or even worse then my old gpu.
I'm getting around 110-135FPS with an i9 10900K 5Ghz all core Overclock 16gb DDR4 3200MHz XMP enabled.
I was monitoring my CPU usage with HWmonitor and it only shows me 5% cpu utilization, can someone help me solve the issue?
Thanks
I'm assuming 4k? This sounds about normal.

Nosphere

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
I just tested apex legends in duos and the fps is jumping around for some reason, and I have some stutters too :/// I never had an AMD card before and Im not sure what to check in this case...
while playing apex my maximum CPU usage was 7% , on the video I checked about this GPU everyone had their GPU usage around 40%

I just tested apex legends in duos and the fps is jumping around for some reason, and I have some stutters too :/// I never had an AMD card before and Im not sure what to check in this case...
while playing apex my maximum CPU usage was 7% , on the video I checked about this GPU everyone had their GPU usage around 40%
Are you sure your overclock is stable?

Nosphere

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
I reset my bios to the default values and enabled XMP
heres a screenshot of the AMD software while running Warzone 2 on lowest settings 1440P picture here

also used DDU to completely delete every gpu driver and re installed amd drivers, nothing seems to work :/

I reset my bios to the default values and enabled XMP
heres a screenshot of the AMD software while running Warzone 2 on lowest settings 1440P picture here

also used DDU to completely delete every gpu driver and re installed amd drivers, nothing seems to work :/
FPS is more or less based on CPU performance. Let's take a look. Go to userbenchmark.com and run the test. Link the results here after.

Nosphere

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
What was the model and brand of your previous GPU ? And which PSU/power supply unit are you using to power up the 7900XT ? List the exact model number. What about other PC games apart from Warzone 2 ?

How do they run ? Did you do a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers as well ?
Can my CPU be this outdated that it costs me almost 100FPS in warzone ? is that a possibility? or can it be a windows 11 issue ?

Nosphere

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
Nah, I don't think so. Your CPU is perfectly okay. But yes, Windows 11 OS definitely can be an issue, since the OS has been very unstable since the launch days. MS has patched the OS, but there are still many issues which plague this OS.

It will take few more years for Windows 11 OS to mature. Not saying Win 11 OS is indeed the culprit here though, but there is a possibility that the OS might also be causing some issues on your system. Especially with games.
I did everything you wrote and I am at 98% cpu bottleneck in the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Benchmark tool pic here

Nosphere

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
update:
I checked my utilization parameters in task manager instead of HWmonitor and the AMD driver software and doing this showed me a different result compared to previous meterings.
My cpu utilization is around 20% and my gpu utilization is around 60% in game, still getting around 135fps :/ im going insane if I have to buy the newest CPU wuth a new mobo it sso expensive

update:
I checked my utilization parameters in task manager instead of HWmonitor and the AMD driver software and doing this showed me a different result compared to previous meterings.
My cpu utilization is around 20% and my gpu utilization is around 60% in game, still getting around 135fps :/ im going insane if I have to buy the newest CPU wuth a new mobo it sso expensive
You do not need to upgrade that CPU. What about other games? How do they run?

Nosphere

Prominent
Feb 7, 2021
Hey ! I previously posted a thread about this issue and no one seems to know what is going on in my pc !
I'll provide every detail that matters into this new post and I want someone to find the issue and advise new parts for me if needed. I'm desperate :(

So my specs are the following:
i9-10900k 5Ghz all core OC
Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT
Powercolor rx 7900xtx red devil limited edition
Corsair RM850i PSU
ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
2x8gb HyperX DDR4 3200MHz
Windows 11 with the latest updates is installed on an intel p660 1TB SSD
Games are separate on a 2TB samsung SATA SSD
for storage I have a 6TB HDD

The main reason I upgraded from an rtx 3080 is that I have 2 - 240hz 1440p displays and the 7900xtx was the cheapest and best option however ever since I installed it, my games run slower...
For example:I play Warzone 2 with friends regularly and instead of getting 240avg fps im getting between 110-145 but averaging 135

I tried these methods so far:
  • cleaning out old drivers with DDU and freshly installing my drivers (didn't work)
  • enabling and disabling the following stuff individually: CPU OC, Power Plans, Intel Speed Shift, Resizable bar, over 4g decoding, defaulting my BIOS, switching between silent and OC bios on the GPU (didn't work)
  • tried cleaning the pcie port with oxygen (didn't work)
  • tried RAM XMP on/off (didn't work)
  • tried lower or higher graphics settings and resolutions, nothing seems to help (didn't work)
  • tried modifying the rendererworkercount in the CoD cfg but it didnt change performance (didn't work)
tried to monitor utilization with various software but windows task manager seems the most reasonable because the AMD software plus HWMonitor all reported 5% CPU usage, but when I check task manager its actually at 45%
HOWEVER my GPU is only at 60% in every game.
I tried playing Apex Legends which playes better then the RTX 3080 but it stutters a lot sometimes and it makes my CPU spike up to 100% which it never did before.

I'm suspecting that my I9 CPU might be the problem because all the reviews and benchmarks I've found were on the newest Intel generation or on the brand new "3D" AMD and 7950x AMD chips.

Do I need to upgrade If I want to max this thing out or not ?

Jan 31, 2023
Hey ! I previously posted a thread about this issue and no one seems to know what is going on in my pc !
I'll provide every detail that matters into this new post and I want someone to find the issue and advise new parts for me if needed. I'm desperate :(

So my specs are the following:
i9-10900k 5Ghz all core OC
Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT
Powercolor rx 7900xtx red devil limited edition
Corsair RM850i PSU
ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
2x8gb HyperX DDR4 3200MHz
Windows 11 with the latest updates is installed on an intel p660 1TB SSD
Games are separate on a 2TB samsung SATA SSD
for storage I have a 6TB HDD

The main reason I upgraded from an rtx 3080 is that I have 2 - 240hz 1440p displays and the 7900xtx was the cheapest and best option however ever since I installed it, my games run slower...
For example:I play Warzone 2 with friends regularly and instead of getting 240avg fps im getting between 110-145 but averaging 135

I tried these methods so far:
  • cleaning out old drivers with DDU and freshly installing my drivers (didn't work)
  • enabling and disabling the following stuff individually: CPU OC, Power Plans, Intel Speed Shift, Resizable bar, over 4g decoding, defaulting my BIOS, switching between silent and OC bios on the GPU (didn't work)
  • tried cleaning the pcie port with oxygen (didn't work)
  • tried RAM XMP on/off (didn't work)
  • tried lower or higher graphics settings and resolutions, nothing seems to help (didn't work)
  • tried modifying the rendererworkercount in the CoD cfg but it didnt change performance (didn't work)
tried to monitor utilization with various software but windows task manager seems the most reasonable because the AMD software plus HWMonitor all reported 5% CPU usage, but when I check task manager its actually at 45%
HOWEVER my GPU is only at 60% in every game.
I tried playing Apex Legends which playes better then the RTX 3080 but it stutters a lot sometimes and it makes my CPU spike up to 100% which it never did before.

I'm suspecting that my I9 CPU might be the problem because all the reviews and benchmarks I've found were on the newest Intel generation or on the brand new "3D" AMD and 7950x AMD chips.

Do I need to upgrade If I want to max this thing out or not ?

so I’m in the same situation as you are. I have a 10900k with a 7900xtx. I only play warzone but no matter what I do I’m stuck at the same frame rates as you are. Not sure what’s going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.