Jun 12, 2022
Hello guys,
I just bought a new cpu and motherboard. When I first booted the pc, I've noticed the cooler was a bit too loud.

I've checked the temperatures and usage:
CPU temp: 47-50C
CPU usage: 1-3%
GPU temp: 40-41C
GPU usage: 8%;
CPU volt: 1.07-1.25V
GPU volt: 0.82V

This is my setup:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
GPU: Radeon 5500xt
CPU cooler: stock
RAM: 16GB DDR4 2333mhz
Motherboard: B550aorus master
Fans: 1front, 1back
Storage: 500gb SSD nvme, 1TB HDD wd red
PSU: 650W

PS: I'll soon buy new rams and an all-in-one water cooler for the cpu

Is the temperature too high for the usage? Should I change the amd stock cooler as soon as I can, or I can wait some weeks and buy rams before? Is the PSU wattageenough for my system?
Thanks to who will answer me :p

Hello guys,
I just bought a new cpu and motherboard. When I first booted the pc, I've noticed the cooler was a bit too loud.

This is my setup:

Is the temperature too high for the usage? Should I change the amd stock cooler as soon as I can, or I can wait some weeks and buy rams before? Is the PSU wattageenough for my system?
Near idle temps but considering CPU cooler quite normal but at that time also more influenced by environment temps.
What's more important are temps while in heavy usage or under a benchmark. It's safe up to 90c.

ötzi

Proper
Apr 2, 2022
47-50C is a bit high for a 5600 in idle but not worrying, could be lower though.
Which case are you using for your build?

About the PSU, the wattage is sufficiënt but a PSU is so much more, please state make and model of your current PSU.

Jun 12, 2022
Near idle temps but considering CPU cooler quite normal but at that time also more influenced by environment temps.
What's more important are temps while in heavy usage or under a benchmark. It's safe up to 90c.
Hey , thanks for answering so quickly.
Actually, when i play videogames like Valorant or GTA V, the temp often goes over 90C, so maybe I should think about buying a water cooler. Do you have any suggestions? It should be a 240, not too expensive.

Jun 12, 2022
47-50C is a bit high for a 5600 in idle but not worrying, could be lower though.
Which case are you using for your build?

About the PSU, the wattage is sufficiënt but a PSU is so much more, please state make and model of your current PSU.
Hi man,
The case I'm using is the cooler master masterbox K501L
The PSU is this one.

coolraveen

Commendable
May 26, 2020
Hello guys,

This is my setup:

A cpu or gpu temps depends upon various factors, even a bad thermal paste, an improper mounting can easily affect the temps,
Likewise if your area is hot and humid my area I live in, even the hardware might be good and mounted well, it might affect the temps, for eg in my area day time touches 40deg and in home temps might be 35s, so my 3600 runs idle 47 and performance at 75 ( in games), but never crossed 95 the limit, so I won't worry too much if it's within limits, or if no abnormal heating.

Hokral

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 12, 2022
Hey , thanks for answering so quickly.
Actually, when i play videogames like Valorant or GTA V, the temp often goes over 90C, so maybe I should think about buying a water cooler. Do you have any suggestions? It should be a 240, not too expensive.

Arctic 34 duo, id cooling 224xt, scythe fuma 2, thermalright pa120 would all work. Aio isn't a necessity