Hornstercorps

Honorable
Aug 1, 2017
Hello,

today I installed a new cpu Ryzen 7 3700x and I´am scared of temperatures.
In games I have about max 76°c, idle temps about 40°c are these normal temps for this cpu?
I have no overclock, and my cooler is HERE. My case is big tower in front It got 3x140mm fans, on top 2x 140 mm fans and the back is 120MM. I have just xmp enabled.
I can not make a better aiflow, my room temperature is about 20 celsius.

Thank you for help

Hornstercorps.

Solution
Okay I will make that and I will let you know, if that works. But thank you now =)
Yeah, that is what I thought might be the case. Swapping motherboards WITHOUT doing a clean OS install is a recipe for trouble. Get your OS straight, then get Ryzen master and see what your temps are.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

today I installed a new cpu Ryzen 7 3700x and I´am scared of temperatures.
In games I have about max 76°c, idle temps about 40°c are these normal temps for this cpu?
I have no overclock, and my cooler is HERE. My case is big tower in front It got 3x140mm fans, on top 2x 140 mm fans and the back is 120MM. I have just xmp enabled.
I can not make a better aiflow, my room temperature is about 20 celsius.

Thank you for help

Hornstercorps.
What software are you using to monitor? Did you do all the required BIOS updates prior to the CPU swap?

Reactions: Hornstercorps
Just a quick question. You have 2 top fan. Is there any fan that are past the CPU exhausting the cool air from the front fan before it gets to the CPU?

Sometime people will put fan at the top but they put it way too far away from the CPU and it exhaust most of the cold air before it even gets to the CPU cooler.

Hornstercorps

Honorable
Aug 1, 2017
Just a quick question. You have 2 top fan. Is there any fan that are past the CPU exhausting the cool air from the front fan before it gets to the CPU?

Sometime people will put fan at the top but they put it way too far away from the CPU and it exhaust most of the cold air before it even gets to the CPU cooler.
Yes of course, on the cooler are 2 fans, and the fresh air goes through, the top fans are on lower speed.

Hornstercorps

Honorable
Aug 1, 2017
If you can't install Ryzen master, you have a bigger problem than your temps, IMO. Did this OS start as a clean install when you built the PC with the motherboard you have?
Ohhh no, scary to hear that. So before upgrade I was running a I7 6700k, and today I make a upgrade to X570 MB and Ryzen 7 3700x. I am runing on "old" system. So have I install a fresh instalation of windows? Thank you

Ohhh no, scary to hear that. So before upgrade I was running a I7 6700k, and today I make a upgrade to X570 MB and Ryzen 7 3700x. I am runing on "old" system. So have I install a fresh instalation of windows? Thank you

if you changed your hardware and used a drive with Windows already installed and tried to start like that this is why you're having issues.

You have to do a fresh install of Windows 10.

Reactions: Hornstercorps

Hornstercorps

Honorable
Aug 1, 2017
Sorry for late response, but I was doing fresh installation of Windows 10. So succes, the ryzen Master utility is now running and the temps sits after Quick test from cpu-z (I really need today to sleep a bit :D) about 70 degres Temps. is that good for this kind of cpu? And thank you both, you saved me=)

TRENDING THREADS